cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
nst
Elite

mmm.  i suspect as i just said, that we arent really all that important in the grand scheme of things.

A little surprised at the lack of communication... however im sure that doesnt mean theres any problems just that they are carrying on in the background and will release the app when they are good and ready.

Im sure that by virtue of the fact that there are some of us out there actively using the latest beta build.... and its not all that buggy to be fair... that we would be expected to be reporting issues which im sure we are have done - and any tweaks based on what we've found will have been made.

Its not that we should expect multiple iterative builds - as we certainly haven't had those have we!

im guessing that the 'live' release will just magically appear at some random time and that will be that!

Im going to drop the trials team a quick email to see if we are still needed and if our active testing is making any difference or contribution anymore - however im not expecting a reply.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I’ve still not had a reply to my last email.

I’m not holding my breath...

Very poor show. But not unsurprising.
nst
Elite

Just an update.  I did email late yesterday to ask what the situation is, and get a reply first thing this morning.

A survey is incoming for the current build, and we should see it late this week or early next apparently.

On the plus side there are still signs of life!  Seems things are progressing... just slower than we all anticipated when starting the trial.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I emailed yesterday and I’m still waiting a response, it’s very annoying they pick and choose who they reply to, but at least we have a response.

nst
Elite

i dont think thats the case @Anonymous User 

Maybe its whats being asked.. ive no idea.

Mine was just a general 'whats the situation' request and whether we can expect the survey, and whether our help is still required.

From what they've said the trials manager seems to be very much the middle man here and is beholden to the development team as and when they deem it necessary to engage.

nst
Elite

... still waiting for that survey 🙂

Really hoping that whatever's going on behind the scenes they release the app publicly soon.

Duncaw67
Scholar 3

@nst 

Yes that's 17 weeks today since the beta trial began, and we are no further forward re: word from the development team on the app being rolled out to everyone using Apple tv.

I believe this trial finishes next month and hopefully everything will be sorted by then, we can but hope and fingers crossed?!

nst
Elite

@Duncaw67 

I dont want to come across as too critical, as nobody knows whats really happening.

However, I share your sentiment 100% - the trial has been ongoing for a very long time.  We are only on the second beta which itself is due to expire in the not too distant future.  We have not had any contact since beta 2 landed at which point we were promised a survey shortly but thats weeks ago now (latest survey update promised late last week or early this).

I would have thought that a public beta was the 'final straight' of the process and we are there just to be sure it functions OK in the real world having undergone extensive (ahem) internal testing.  The public testers arent really supposed to be finding huge show stopping bugs or whole areas of functionality that just dont work (in theory).

Id like to think that things have of course been happening in the background and they seem to have no interest in keeping the beta testers in the loop.  For all we know Beta 2 is the final beta and anything found has been addressed and ready for the full release to the public.

Surely it cant drag out much longer!

Duncaw67
Scholar 3

@nst 

So do you think we will hear from the trial team in the near future,or is that just wishful thinking.

I have enjoyed using the new updated app and don't want to go back to the old one when this one stops, as I like watching sports, and this is so much better, especially if boost is included at the end of this beta 2 trial.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Duncaw67

I agree with you totally, love using the new app and I’ve found me and my family use it a lot more now than we did before as it’s so much more easier to use, yes it has its flaws and yes there’s things that could be added to make it even better I.E. boost, live pause etc.

Would be a shame to have to go back and use the older version after we’ve tasted what could be, here’s to hoping that it gets an official release and it’s kept up together like the IOS app, it really has the ability to be the go to app for content on the Apple TV in the UK, shame the people in Nowtv can’t see that.