cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same error message on my brand new ATV 4K 64Gb. ‘sorry now tv is currently unavailable’. All other apps working without an issue

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Managed to get a response, it’s a privacy issue on their server. They don’t recognise the new model ID of the new model yet… basically didn’t update their app properly as everyone else did! No real surprise… “working on a fix” so probably be working again around July time knowing them…

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It was all looking so positive earlier in the week when this story came out…

https://www.pocket-lint.com/tv/news/now-tv/156945-sky-s-now-plans-include-4k-hdr-as-part-of-boost-ad...

Anonymous User
Not applicable
July’22 that is.

Sticking with the tv 4K (1st gen) here - but might get the new remote, as it looks better than the original one

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@dr_necessitor Having spent the last few hours playing with the new remote on my 1st gen 4K Apple tv, my verdict is that the new remote is well worth the £55. The jog wheel is much easier to control than the slide-over method of the original remote, although by default that method is still available. Also, if you’ve set your old remote to control the sound on your tv/soundbar/home theatre, the new remote will inherit that. But the old remote didn’t have a mute button, so you still have to set up the new remote for that. Being heavier, the new remote feels much better in the hand. 
Here endeth the advert…back to normal programming.

@Mark_Weinreb  I assume that, being a 3rd party app, the NOW TV app doesn’t support fwd & rwd video scrubbing using the clickpad ring?

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@dr_necessitor Pressing the left/right buttons on the click ring brings up the appropriate menu as shown below. With the remote set to click and touch, stroking left/right gives the same result.

Hope this helps.

4D763C23-7229-4795-AF0C-8CFF6B290FF2.jpeg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Mark_Weinreb 

So your saying even with the new remote you still need to move over to the on screen fast forward button and the jog shutter wheel makes no difference?

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Yes, that’s about it. Other apps like Netflix and Disney+ bring up a single timeline bar and repeated touches will move forwards and backwards 10 seconds at a time. Possibly, in time, the Now app will be brought in line with the other apps.

However, the new remote is way better than the old one.