cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoyB
Legend

Re: Update Now TV app for apple TV

Hi @redchiz1 

Which Boost features are missing from the LG app?

Line 3. Overhead, without any fuss, the stars were going out…..
0 Thanks
redchiz1
Expert 3

Hi @RoyB 

No 50fps on Sky Sports. 

nst
Expert 3

Sorry if its an unpopular opinion... as I know some don't want or need or use all the features...

But I honestly believe that if NOW supposedly support a platform they should FULLY support it otherwise people are paying full price for a lesser service.

Boost should not be offered as an option if they cannot fully support it.

People are paying full price and not getting the full package.

AppleTV being a prime example.  They seem to think that its OK to leave out 5.1 on a service that they are charging almost £5 a month for... and that's as an add-on to their 'flagship' movies package.  A flagship movies package with a mere 2.0 soundtrack?  in 2022??  come on....

0 Thanks
RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

Ah - nothing I’d notice or miss then.

But tut, anyway, for those who would.

0 Thanks
RoyB
Legend

@nst 

And subtitles on YouView, as another example, which is not even a Boost issue.

However, I can’t think that many people would prefer to be completely deprived of Now, or of Boost, on their chosen platform, just because something, that they maybe didn’t even want, isn’t present.

Though that is what you seem to be advocating.

Hint; we have seven TVs in this house, all Now-enabled one way or another, but only one is hooked up to 5.1 surround.

0 Thanks
Samuel71
Mentor

I actually would be one of those if 5.1 was an issue for me on tv shows : I won’t pay for now movies for this reason and also don’t have boost.

To the point I would cancel Netflix just because the don’t support tv app integration (one feature) but my wife wants it that’s the only reason I still have it.
0 Thanks
nst
Expert 3

@Samuel71 

Slightly harsh but I know what you mean.

I really wish that Netflix would play ball.  No idea why they wont.  the TV app is great.... and Netflix would be the icing on the cake.

Im surprised as Netflix seem quite happy to integrate with other services such as Sky Glass (which is basically the same as Apple's TV app) - though I suppose they are paid handsomely for the privilege.

I just don't get what Netflix have to lose by integrating - surely any mechanism that promotes their content is a win.

0 Thanks
redchiz1
Expert 3

Is Netflix not available on the Apple TV box?

Amazing if not, but also somewhat off topic?

0 Thanks
nst
Expert 3

@redchiz1 

Of course it is.

We are talking about apps integrating with the AppleTV TV app.  Most the others do, including NOW - but Netflix steadfastly refuses to integrate.

0 Thanks
Simonpaddy1
Scholar 2

Spoiler

…when using through a TV app (as opposed to iPhone or iPad version) does anyone else have trouble with position syncing? For instance an episode shows on the Up Next queue but if I watch the episode it won’t register (and I therefore need to manually mark it as watched), or if I stop watching halfway through an episode

the Up Next queue doesn’t register that it’s part-watched: if I then resume the episode the NowTv app does remember position.  This is only an issue on the TV app, not iPad or iPhone version. 

Still having this issue from Oct 2021.  

0 Thanks