cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Correct me if I’m wrong but Netflix doesn’t play nice with the Apple TV app unless it’s something that has been added recently and I don’t know, isn’t it the only app that doesn’t play along as the opted out of it.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Mark_Weinreb  thanks for the feedback. On closer inspection there was some Now content in ‘watch next’, I’d hoped the integration was a bit deeper but maybe in the future.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Wow, just saw a flying pig.
Ab76
Scholar

I emailed  NowTV again to ask when they will add Dolby 5.1 surround sound to Apple TVs and here’s their very disappointing reply:

Thanks for getting in touch regarding NOW Boost and providing your feedback, 

I apologise for any inconvenience caused,

We currently have no immediate plans to add 5.1 surround sound to Boost on Apple TV, 

I have passed on your feedback to the relevant teams to see if we can get this feature added in the future, 

Please let us know if we can help with anything else, 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Which translates to I’ve filed your request in the bin because we don’t care.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yup pretty much.... whatevs.

So why are we paying the full price for Boost when it won't be supported on our device? 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Same could be said for those who only use PC/laptops for their streaming. They don’t even get 1080p.

All they would get from Boost is the 3rd stream and no third party adverts.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

To be fair... I'm not one to support them on a lot aspects but we did get the same jargon highlighted as above for TV Integration and then it appeared out of the blue. I'd probably imagine the same thing will eventually happen with 5.1 without an announcement it'll just start working one day in the future. 

It's not ideal but would be shocked if we never saw 5.1 doesn't make sense not to, probably giving a half baked feature until they can get AppleTV+ on Sky Q.

@Anonymous User the day a pig will really fly is when 4K HDR comes to Now... Maybe once 8K has become the norm...

nst
Elite

@Ab76 

Good on you for chasing… but this reply is total BS.

For a start.. every time they have been queried on this in the past.. they have presented it as something that is actively being worked on and should be sorted ‘soon’.

They always say that.  It’s being worked on and its coming soon.  Of course one gives up hope as we’ve made it a full 6 months since it was launched half baked… and thats after an 8 month “beta trial” during which they were told again and again about 5.1 (to the point where they told us to stop telling them).

To tell you now that they have no immediate plans… are they admitting they have been lying for the last 6 months…. Or is it once again the classic case of the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing…. I suspect this is the case.

Am I expecting 5.1 soon?  Hell no.  But was I expecting them to ever integrate with the TV app?  No.  And that appeared completely by surprise.

I remain stumped as to why 5.1 is missing.  It can’t be a technical issue.

I hope they sort this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Brand new Apple TV…. Guess what try and open now after downloading it….

Get the error message,

Sorry, NOW TV is currently unavailable

please try again later

is this honestly some kind of joke? All the other Apple TV boxes work fine in my house