cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

I’m in a bit of an odd position as I have Discovery including Sports Till August but I already pay for BT Sports via EE so waiting see what happens on pricing as I would like to cancel one of them. 

But this has settled decision for me when I move in July/August I’m going for BT TV instead of Sky Glass. Just not going have 4K Sky Sports but will be able record and I imagine BT TV will be getting the live discovery channels back on the EPG as well can’t imagine that would be hard to add in. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wonder what this means for the BT sport ESPN partnership would love to see a full fat ESPN app in the uk, ESPN player is ok but no TVOS app only AirPlay

Popeye13
Scholar 2

The partnership as you know it is ending in June, with BT Sport ESPN becoming BT Sport 4, and the supply of ESPN programming ends as an exclusive agreement, but will continue under a new deal that is non-exclusuve for shows such as Baseball Tonight, and the (sort-of) clean ESPN feed of Wednesday Night Baseball and the UFC LIVE show ect.

Not sure about Around the Horn and ESPN FC, but I also know Disney+ has had the capability to live-stream successfully tested in the European app (allbeit hidden)

redchiz1
Champion 2

This is the Apple TV app topic?  🤔

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Popeye13 

First off it's a bit off topic for this thread but where are you hearing the deal expires next Month? I know it's meant end sometime this year but not heard any date.

Popeye13
Scholar 2

Quite right, yes, so I'll keep this brief.

To answer your question, Industry colleagues. BT rarely announce deals, apart from the UCL, PL and alike, sadly this was one that wasn't announced. 

CraigMcC11
Mentor

Still showing as BT/ESPN

CraigMcC11
Mentor

Is this thread quiet as we have no news or is it the shambles of the new forum layout?

Popeye13
Scholar 2

Indeed. Was delayed to August, where the BT Sport Extra 1-6 channels will now become BT Sport 5 - 10 alongside BT Sport 4 roll-out.

@Anonymous User  Hopefully but I’ve been on the beta more than 2 years now and, if it happens, it won’t be the first time the beta expires and fails to launch (it would be at least the 2nd, possibly the 3rd - it’s been going on so long now that memory fails me!)