cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still no 5.1 on demand 😕

nst
Elite

Ive given up

Im still an AppleTV user of course, and use NOW on appleTV.... but I have now cancelled my boost subscription and the Sky Cinema pass.

Enough is enough.  Paying for it for over 14 months with constant promises that the 5.1 will be sorted 'soon'.

Only when they fix the app will I consider resubscribing.  They don't seem to care much.

Ab76
Scholar

I’ve cancelled my Cinema pass too. Partly because there’s little new content on there, but mainly because I’d rather wait for content to appear on Netflix/Prime in higher definition with better sound then pay £10 per month to watch low quality picture/sound films a few months sooner. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

New version released today but can’t see any enhancements 

nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

Its not what you see... its what you hear 🙂 

Im no longer able to test whether 5.1 is working in a new version as ive given up and cancelled boost - I hope someone else here would be kind enough to keep checking and letting us know if 5.1 is fixed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have boost and still stereo. No change unfortunately. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think this image sums the tvOS app up. 

1,173 reviews, most are 1 star. 

redchiz1
Champion 2

To be fair @Anonymous User that tells us precisely nothing other than a series of stars and bars. Like a trip to Blackpool in peak season. 

nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

They must be so proud.....

(and dont seem to give two hoots).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve been subscribed to Now for years but have decided enough is enough now. They’ve had over 2 years to give us 5.1 so it’s obviously never going to happen. There’s not even a search function on the app and it’s never received any real updates.

Then there’s the pricing. Even having to pay extra for HD in 2022 is nonsense and the way they give out offers is diabolical. I was paying £33.99 for sports while others got offers for it at £18.99. 56% more for the exact same content? No chance.

Satellite TV is dead and I have no doubt Sky Glass will fail so I hope in the future Sky will realise they need to dedicate their resources to Now and we might get a proper functioning service.