cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable
@nst

Are you having issues with your sound cutting out when watching live content either on the entertainment pass or cinema pass? I have had this issue for several weeks now and have reported it to now and got a very rude customer service lady who apparently reported it higher up the chain but I’ve still had no reply.
nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

No, can't say I have.

For all its faults the actual app and service is what it is.  The fact it integrates with Apple's TV keeps me as a customer as we basically have a free Sky Glass experience (if Netflix would play ball too).

But apart from the technical limitations I haven't found any sound issues.

I must say that their technical support etc is very poor.  Ive been chasing them up about the lack of 5.1 since the day it launched last December and they've constantly promised that its being active looked at and hoped to have a fix soon.  1 year later we still wait.

Its not as if we are expecting it to answer the meaning of life... simply to do what the oldest and worst services have managed to do on the AppleTV for many years which is a meagre 5.1 and 1080p.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It’s just strange, never had the problem before and all of a sudden it starts happening, hopefully like you say when they sort the sound out in general and with this new apple deal it will get sorted, it’s just such a pain to have to close the app reopen it enter my pin again to get the sound back and even more frustrating when watching sport and the sound cuts out.
nst
Elite

Well, here we are....

May 2023.  For a bit of nostalgia here's our old, original, long suffering thread on the many many issues the AppleTV app has had.  The bad interface, the neglect, the missing features...

But, almost never thought id say it - the app is now fixed - for any following this old thread and for completeness.... do an update and you'll have a new, and vastly improved app.

It's not perfect.  It's not without its bugs - but as far as the AppleTV is concerned it's an app that plays nice with the OS and finally feels like it belongs on the platform.  In addition the 5.1 sound problem is fixed and NOW have finally got round to updating their support page to reflect the correct functioning of the AppleTV app.

20th April 2016.... to 21st May 2023.  To say this was a long time coming is an understatement!  But im very happy this long running saga can now be laid to rest!

Popeye13
Scholar 2

Not having to go to one of the Sky Cinema channels to force 5.1 to run on the channels, and having it available OnDemand is just..... Feels like Christmas Day!

It should never have taken them this long. Now here's hoping they get to work on the XBOX, but i won't hold my breath!!!

F1Jon96
Advocate

Yes its much better.  Unfortunately pausing live TV on sports channels is still not working though which keeps me stuck on Sky Q.