cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

I think it might be down to fact Apple won't make a TV App for Sky Q/Sky Glass to be honest. I am very interested in Sky Glass though I may end up getting in fact.

nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

An interesting announcement as was expected for a long time..... Sky without a dish.

The future for Sky is Dish-less and as all of us who use NowTV can attest... streaming is fine.

As we have guessed before... Sky can, and now will imminently be streaming their content in Atmos.

Where does this leave the Now product.  Come to think of it where does that leave SkyQ?

Now will always be as it is, the lower cost no commitment lower quality service.

How does this bode going forward?  will we end up getting Atmos and 4K in Now?  seriously doubt that as im sure they will try to get as many as they can on the new Sky Glass platform and will only do so if its a better option.

Im sure Now is stuck at 1080p and 5.1 for the foreseeable future.

However lets hope that AppleTV finally catches up with the rest of Now's platforms and provides that 5.1 service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
If only they worked together : with apples tv provider feature within iPhones that then gives you access to whatever apps are part of your package I honestly think sky are missing a trick. They’re so intent on hardware rather than looking after their content subs.

I would never go back to i sky now but I probably wouldn’t have left if they’d done this to begin with. Does anyone know what Comcast are like with Apple stuff in the states?
nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

It looks interesting but sadly its currently stuck with their own screen.

On the face of it the cost seems reasonable for what you get...

However many im sure are quite happy with their current TV and won't be interested in 'renting' a TV.

They will for sure release the product as a stand alone product eventually.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@nst 

You don't rent the TV you buy the TV from them it's totally yours. You can either choose to buy it upfront or you can pay it off over 24 or 48 Months. I'm probably going for it as I was going get a 4K TV screen for my bedroom anyway and then I can buy one of there Pucks to connect my main TV. I already pay £5 for boost so i don't mind extra £5 for another box. Sky Glass looks like a solid step up over Now though with 4K and HDR. 

nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

Sure, you can buy outright and you have an interest free option for 4 years..

However bear in mind you have to have a minimum of £26 per month sky package for the glass service.

Shaping up to be considerably more expensive than Now is.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@nst True entertainment is more but you get far more channels in fairness but Cinema is same price and Sky Sports is actually less.

nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

Thats fair..

Though I just can't see myself going back to expensive contract TV having used Now for a few years.

As I said earlier, Now .. realistically will never progress over 1080p and 5.1 as otherwise it will take away sales of glass.

I just hope that the AppleTV app is fixed for 5.1 by year end (as per my previous conspiracy theory)..

And its a shame that Now won't end up with Atmos and 4K but this glass announcement just confirms the long swirling rumours regarding Sky's direction on streamed dish-less content.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi sorry if this has been said before but has anyone’s Apple TV integration now and nxt stopped working since iOS 15 release I just can’t seem to get it to show anything from now Tv ?? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I had to redo it but shows my latest episodes fine