cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Enapace
Expert 2

Re: Update Now TV app for apple TV

BBC in general seem to be bad with apps. Apple one still doesn't do 4K when on other platforms it does, they still haven't managed a PS5 app nearly a year since the console launched. So them not properly testing there app on beta software makes complete sense to me lol.

0 Thanks
nst
Expert 3

I know this is a bit off topic again...

But following the update to TVOS15....

Both BBC player... and now ALL4 just don't work with the TV app at all.

Hope they fix this soon.

0 Thanks
RoyB
Legend 5
Legend 5

@nst 

Have you tried deleting and reloading them?

On my iPad, iPadOS15 (not your TVOS15 I know, but same difference) has wrong-footed a few apps such that auto-updating hasn’t worked, but manual updating has.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’ on it
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
Officer_K
Mentor

@nst wrote:

I know this is a bit off topic again...

But following the update to TVOS15....

Both BBC player... and now ALL4 just don't work with the TV app at all.

Hope they fix this soon.

Must be a problem with your box. Both work fine for me after updating to TVOS15. 

0 Thanks
nst
Expert 3

@Officer_K 

Really?  Thats surprising.  

On all my iOS 15 devices there are problems.

So, you are saying that a BBC player show is appearing correctly on your 'watch now' section on AppleTV?

All BBC programmes are missing from mine after I updated to iOS15 and TVOS15.

As I said before, the weird thing is that they DO show up if the TV app in in your shelf/dock area and you hover over it in the line above, but when you click into the TV app itself they disappear.

0 Thanks
Samuel71
Mentor

Same here all4 and bbc are fine other than the usual gripes with bbc and sport shows.
0 Thanks
Simonpaddy1
Scholar 2

On all my iOS 15 devices there are problems.

So, you are saying that a BBC player show is appearing correctly on your 'watch now' section on AppleTV?

All BBC programmes are missing from mine after I updated to iOS15 and TVOS15.

As I said before, the weird thing is that they DO show up if the TV app in in your shelf/dock area and you hover over it in the line above, but when you click into the TV app itself they disappear.

Exact same issue here. Across all devices.

nst
Expert 3

I apologise, as I realise this topic isn't exactly for this tread as such....

but to those like me with TVOS15 TV app issues for iPlayer, it looks like they have officially acknowledged the problem as posted here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/issues/apple-tv/up-next-apple-tv-not-working

and therefore we can hope there is a fix forthcoming.

Simonpaddy1
Scholar 2

Brill. 

Back on subject - when using through a TV app (as opposed to iPhone or iPad version) does anyone else have trouble with position syncing? For instance an episode shows on the Up Next queue but if I watch the episode it won’t register (and I therefore need to manually mark it as watched), or if I stop watching halfway through an episode

the Up Next queue doesn’t register that it’s part-watched: if I then resume the episode the NowTv app does remember position.  This is only an issue on the TV app, not iPad or iPhone version. 

0 Thanks

@Simonpaddy1  yes but only sometimes (i.e. not with every episode of everything across all “sources”) and I haven’t been able to see a pattern that might explain why. So I’ve just given up and I mark episodes as played when it doesn’t happen automagically! I’m kind of exhausted by the constant, trivial misbehaviour of apps etc…

0 Thanks