cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anyone else noticed jaggered and stuttery screen on NOW both on demand and live channels post TVOS 15 upgrade? 

nst
Elite

No, but BBC Iplayer is totally wrecked with TV app integration.

No iPlayer content shows on the up next list, however it does show in the top shelf view if you have the TV app in the dock.

Ridiculous that companies (big ones too ... the BBC) don't test their apps when they have had access to a developer beta for months and then they wait for all their customers to be inconvenienced whilst they do a post fix.

@Anonymous User No, but am also seeing same as what @nst mentions and agree that the lack of integration testing by other app developers is poor

Anonymous User
Not applicable

BBC in general seem to be bad with apps. Apple one still doesn't do 4K when on other platforms it does, they still haven't managed a PS5 app nearly a year since the console launched. So them not properly testing there app on beta software makes complete sense to me lol.

nst
Elite

I know this is a bit off topic again...

But following the update to TVOS15....

Both BBC player... and now ALL4 just don't work with the TV app at all.

Hope they fix this soon.

RoyB
Legend

@nst 

Have you tried deleting and reloading them?

On my iPad, iPadOS15 (not your TVOS15 I know, but same difference) has wrong-footed a few apps such that auto-updating hasn’t worked, but manual updating has.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Officer_K
Mentor

@nst wrote:

I know this is a bit off topic again...

But following the update to TVOS15....

Both BBC player... and now ALL4 just don't work with the TV app at all.

Hope they fix this soon.

Must be a problem with your box. Both work fine for me after updating to TVOS15. 

nst
Elite

@Officer_K 

Really?  Thats surprising.  

On all my iOS 15 devices there are problems.

So, you are saying that a BBC player show is appearing correctly on your 'watch now' section on AppleTV?

All BBC programmes are missing from mine after I updated to iOS15 and TVOS15.

As I said before, the weird thing is that they DO show up if the TV app in in your shelf/dock area and you hover over it in the line above, but when you click into the TV app itself they disappear.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Same here all4 and bbc are fine other than the usual gripes with bbc and sport shows.
Simonpaddy1
Scholar 2

On all my iOS 15 devices there are problems.

So, you are saying that a BBC player show is appearing correctly on your 'watch now' section on AppleTV?

All BBC programmes are missing from mine after I updated to iOS15 and TVOS15.

As I said before, the weird thing is that they DO show up if the TV app in in your shelf/dock area and you hover over it in the line above, but when you click into the TV app itself they disappear.

Exact same issue here. Across all devices.