cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Hooba

I’m not hearing 5.1 and I’m using the April 2021 Apple TV also, strange if it was just older models that could get it, anyone hearing it on the newest Apple TV
nst
Elite

@Anonymous User @Hooba 

Me.  I have the new AppleTV so its "working" on that for sure.

Totally bizarre situation developing here.

I still think the restriction is an artificial one and the cracks are beginning to show.

Hooba
Scholar 3

@nst Thanks - saves me breaking out the old one just to test !

nst
Elite

@Hooba 

No point whatsoever.

The only thing that might have some merit is the live chat's suggestion that the app would need re-installing.

For the record, I think this is complete rubbish as officially the app, according to the website, doesn't support 5.1.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@nst

Couldnt agree more
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I watched The White Lotus yesterday on demand and 5.1 signal. 

nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

Ive not seen it on anything but live yet.

This whole situation is utterly bizarre and I dont know how or why NOW are incapable of explaining whats going on when asked.

The support pages still explicitly state that 5.1 is not supported on the AppleTV.  I would expect that to change the moment they officially have "fixed" the problem.

Again.. goes to show there is nothing to "fix" and probably never has been.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Just a question, I seem to remember missing subtitles were an issue too before, I’ve never checked but I noticed the other day there were subtitles available on the programme I was watching. Did they resolve this quietly too?
nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

Thats the weird thing.  The 5.1 doesn't seem 'resolved' - theres been no app update to make this work... its just is working on live stuff.

Looking back on my replies earlier they said its been fixed since may but this is rubbish.

who knows whats going on.  when you ask them they dont know either.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Unless the app is specially disabling it you assume it’s just the stream that would need updating. But who knows, they don’t!