cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I can’t believe they have had the nerve to not only reduce to 1 stream but
add in adverts. Fortunately I got an email from Disney saying that seasons
1 to 10 of The Walking Dead are now on Disney+ And so will be season 11 on
August 23. Best thing of all every episode actually has subtitles Which NOW
TV were never willing to provide, which I find a despicable practice in
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve said this before but someone needs to make a complaint under the disability discrimination act regarding subtitles, believe you have to make reasonable efforts to accommodate people with disabilities. It seems to me as the programme has subtitles available and the AppleTV supports subtitles that it would be readable to expect NowTV to offer them, opposed to discriminating against people with hearing disabilities. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's it for me too. I thought they couldn't make the experience on an Apple TV if they tried, and with Ads / Trailers combined with a barely usable app, I'll be cancelling once my Tesco credit runs out... 

Disney+ / Netflix / Amazon and Apple TV+ are way better!

Ab76
Scholar

I’ve succumbed and bought an Amazon Fire Stick (which is vastly inferior to my Apple TV).

Here’s a warning for you all. To turn Dolby 5.1 on you have to adjust a setting in the Now app, not just the settings in the Fire Stick. It’s taken me 30 minutes of hair pulling to work that out.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Ab76 

This is nothing new for NOW apps on many devices.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-adjust-audio-settings

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
nst
Elite

Even though I have the firestick... and even with its new software.. I find the experience slow and clunky.

Since Now finally started to play nice with the Apple TV app... (PLEASE Netflix follow suit).. it just shows me how superior the whole apple infrastructure is when it comes to the TV experience.

I can now add TV shows to my up next list, and thats synchronised across all devices, I can see new episodes when I check on my iPhone... I use the firestick highly grudgingly.

However... with the imminent price rise for boost - something I never expected given that what it offers is standard with most other streaming services... coupled with the fact they seem to think its perfectly acceptable to not provide a 5.1 soundtrack on the AppleTV... enough is enough and im cancelling boost.

Cutting off my nose to spite my face perhaps.. but i refuse to pay £5 a month when I cant use it properly on my platform of choice... a platform where literally every other streaming app has managed 5.1 for years so I simply cannot accept there is any technical limitation that Now are up against.

When they finally get their act together is when ill come back... of course this will have a knock on effect for me as ill cancel movies too as I dont want to watch in 2.0.

Ill keep my eye on this forum as Im sure it will be apparent when they fix 5.1.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
The BBC iPlayer is even worse as it offers no subtitles for any program
whatsoever, that is unless it’s an imported french drama like The Last Wave.

I know I’m going off topic but I made a complaint to the BBC about lack of
subtitles on the Apple TV box and them being in breach of the equalities
act of 2010 but I’ve heard nothing back from them and that was about 3
months ago. I’m pretty disgusted by them.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I think it could be years if not at all for 5.1 sound. I firmly believe
there is no technical reason why there cannot be 5.1 sound for NOW TV on
the Apple TV box when other streaming providers can do 5.1 and above
(Atmos). It’s the reason I never use now TV cinema. I’d simply rather rent
them individually from the iTunes or Amazon.

I know I am going off topic a little bit here but the BBC keep repeating
that they can’t do subtitles for the Apple TV box because of technical
difficulties and the format that apple have chosen to use. It just seems to
be the go to reason for when somebody can’t do something with the Apple TV
box when it’s the most capable of all streaming boxes.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Me ranting at NowTV today:

honestly I came on here today thinking it was a bug or something but clearly not the case I am absolutely done with NOW the price for the quality you get is appalling. I started it again for ZSJL and then saw you’d added apple tv integration. Was happy with putting up with a shigher than everyone else cost for a poorer experience (720p like wtf?) stereo sound (like wtf?) useles app interface (honestly a joke) but there’s a few select shows/films that just mad enough difference. But throwing adverts in is honestly a joke: channel 4 adverts but it’s free, itv adverts but it’s free, Netflix no adverts better quality cheaper, Disney no adverts, cheaper cost, better quality, Apple TV+ no adverts, cheaper cost, better quality, but now tv thinks it can give a worse quality, with adverts and charge more than the rest…..

All I’m getting back is the standard: but we reduced the cost from £11.99 to £9.99 for films, added kids into tv so £3.99 and releasing 125 new shows. Whoop de do
Ab76
Scholar

I can see Now losing a lot of customers over these changes and it’s inability to improve the viewing experience (the most expensive streaming service provides the lowest quality).

Rather than subscribe all of the time, in the future I might subscribe for one month out of every three or so and watch everything I want to see in that month. Netflix, Prime, Apple TV and Disney (which combined cost me less than I pay Now) will keep me busy the rest of the time.