cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

After getting notified of the Boost price increase I decided to email Now to see what the 5.1 DD situation is with the Apple TV app, and if there would be any discount if it wasn’t going to be implemented soon.  Response today states that a technical limitation is the reason in cannot be implemented on the Apple TV.  I cannot understand what limitation there can be if every other streaming platform can support 5.1 with no issues.  Unsurprisingly did not even acknowledge my question on price reduction for limited Boost functionality.  

nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

Well done for trying.

I also have had enough.

I cannot accept any explanation about a technical difficulty on the AppleTV for the same reasons you stated I.e. The platform is littered with apps that provide 5.1 streams!  If they can do it why cant Now… just makes them look stupid and amateurish.

Remember we aren’t talking about Atmos… just good old fashioned 5.1.

Although granted some people who dont have 5.1 sound systems dont care.. I do.  I pay for boost which allows me to watch movies in 1080 and 5.1.  I have no interest watching in 2.0.

at £3 its not fair that the AppleTV users have this huge part of boost missing.  Especially at full price.

at £5??  Absolutely no way.  The principle sucks and I refuse to pay £5 a month when I’m not getting a proper boost function.

I can indeed resort to my Firestick but now I dont see why I should.

I will be cancelling my boost pass in July when the price changes and I wont be getting it back until they properly support it on AppleTV.

nst
Elite

Small addendum.

Last time I looked on my account, it said that boost was being increased for me to £5 from My July payment.

Ive just taken another look, and this time it says my July payment will be £3.

This is odd.

Anyone else check this and confirm that its gone back to £3 for July?  Maybe it will kick in for me in August I dont know.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Mine still says £5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@nst 

If I’m not mistaken I understand that it is to effect people taking boost from 15th July. 

My account shows the new pricing structure but I was told by customer services that the overall price for me won’t go up unless I fully cancel and take a new boost membership.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Don’t forget they’re changing boost so it’s no longer just 1080p and 5.1. It’s now also removing adds from on demand and adding a 2nd stream. 

On the flip they’re adding adds to on demand and reducing to one stream without boost. 

nst
Elite

Im not sure what or why.... 

Last time I looked it told me next payment £5

This time, my payment is due 8th July and it says £3.

However, maybe the new price kicks in later in July?  I don't know.  All I do know is right now its no longer saying £5 as it did.

As soon as it does im cancelling though unless they support 5.1 on AppleTV.

@nst Boost price increase for us existing subscribers is effective from 15 July, so it will be £5 on your 8 August renewal date and thereafter

nst
Elite

@dr_necessitor 

Looks like that's my boost cancellation date then 🙂 

I really don't know how they have the cheek to expect AppleTV users to pay £5 and not get 5.1

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Personally I think they are after more money due to a drop in new movies since Covid.  What better way than to rip us off for HD content or whack adverts in.  It is laughable but no doubt a win win for them.

Seriously though how hard can it be to give us 5.1?  We should be upset over a lack of 4k and atmos content instead!