Re: Update Now TV app for apple TV

Mine still says £5
0 Thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@nst 

If I’m not mistaken I understand that it is to effect people taking boost from 15th July. 

My account shows the new pricing structure but I was told by customer services that the overall price for me won’t go up unless I fully cancel and take a new boost membership.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, I am simply a NOW customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service and like you I am still a customer. For any account issues you’ll need to contact staff via customer support.
0 Thanks
MrZippy
Expert 2

Don’t forget they’re changing boost so it’s no longer just 1080p and 5.1. It’s now also removing adds from on demand and adding a 2nd stream. 

On the flip they’re adding adds to on demand and reducing to one stream without boost. 

0 Thanks
nst
Expert 3

Im not sure what or why.... 

Last time I looked it told me next payment £5

This time, my payment is due 8th July and it says £3.

However, maybe the new price kicks in later in July?  I don't know.  All I do know is right now its no longer saying £5 as it did.

As soon as it does im cancelling though unless they support 5.1 on AppleTV.

0 Thanks

@nst Boost price increase for us existing subscribers is effective from 15 July, so it will be £5 on your 8 August renewal date and thereafter

0 Thanks
nst
Expert 3

@dr_necessitor 

Looks like that's my boost cancellation date then 🙂 

I really don't know how they have the cheek to expect AppleTV users to pay £5 and not get 5.1

lankysi
Advocate

Personally I think they are after more money due to a drop in new movies since Covid.  What better way than to rip us off for HD content or whack adverts in.  It is laughable but no doubt a win win for them.

Seriously though how hard can it be to give us 5.1?  We should be upset over a lack of 4k and atmos content instead!

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can’t believe they have had the nerve to not only reduce to 1 stream but
add in adverts. Fortunately I got an email from Disney saying that seasons
1 to 10 of The Walking Dead are now on Disney+ And so will be season 11 on
August 23. Best thing of all every episode actually has subtitles Which NOW
TV were never willing to provide, which I find a despicable practice in
0 Thanks
MrZippy
Expert 2

I’ve said this before but someone needs to make a complaint under the disability discrimination act regarding subtitles, believe you have to make reasonable efforts to accommodate people with disabilities. It seems to me as the programme has subtitles available and the AppleTV supports subtitles that it would be readable to expect NowTV to offer them, opposed to discriminating against people with hearing disabilities. 

0 Thanks
Franck
Mentor

That's it for me too. I thought they couldn't make the experience on an Apple TV if they tried, and with Ads / Trailers combined with a barely usable app, I'll be cancelling once my Tesco credit runs out... 

Disney+ / Netflix / Amazon and Apple TV+ are way better!

0 Thanks