Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nst
Expert 3

Re: Update Now TV app for apple TV

@AlexB83 

This seems incorrect.

Existing boost subscribers DO NOT seem to keep it for the old price.  My boost pass is definitely showing as £5 next month.... so its not staying at £3 for me.  Anyone else see it staying at £3??

Also.. whats this about an additional bonus that streamed stuff is Ad free???  Isn't it always ad free on Now?  Ive never had to sit through ads on anything ive watched on Now... ever.  How is this a new thing?

Sadly, my point of principle has finally arrived... I will be cancelling boost if they havent supported 5.1 on my set top box of choice... i.e. appleTV.

0 Thanks
Enapace
Expert 2

@nst 

From next month streamed shows will have ads on NowTV if you don't have Boost it's not really a benefit but that's what they are claiming.

0 Thanks
Duncaw67
Scholar 3

@nst 

Just double checked my membership account and it definitely says boost will cost £5 from 15 July unless on a offer?

0 Thanks
nst
Expert 3

@Duncaw67 

And literally 5 minutes ago I had an email arrive from Now telling me of the changes.

Quite tersely....(and almost inviting you to cancel!)

But.. as I say if they cant get 5.1 working on my platform of choice then ill cancel the pass.

Also, putting ads in the Now stream?  this is a first and a very unwelcome addition.

Now had better be confident in their ability to retain customers... this is not going to go well for them.

Duncaw67
Scholar 3

@nst 

Just got the same email and it is quite bizarre asking if you are interested in cancelling your boost pass!!

I will not be cancelling my discounted boost pass,which runs till Oct,as I watch NOW on my firestick,and though not as good as apple tv IMHO,it will suffice till then, when hopefully full boost will be implemented on all steaming platforms,we can but hope this comes to fruition?

AlexB83
Scholar 2

@MrZippy 

I'd say it's more likely to be that very few people have the kids pass as it would have lost a large number of subscribers to Disney + 

0 Thanks
MrZippy
Expert 2

Just got my email, I’m migrated to the Entertainment pass (from kids) from mid July and the price of that is being reduced to £3.99 so I pay no more. It doesn’t say how long for.  Seems to be a result. 

But I now only get 1 stream and ads in content it says.  Unless I buy boost. 

0 Thanks
MarkB1
Scholar

After getting notified of the Boost price increase I decided to email Now to see what the 5.1 DD situation is with the Apple TV app, and if there would be any discount if it wasn’t going to be implemented soon.  Response today states that a technical limitation is the reason in cannot be implemented on the Apple TV.  I cannot understand what limitation there can be if every other streaming platform can support 5.1 with no issues.  Unsurprisingly did not even acknowledge my question on price reduction for limited Boost functionality.  

0 Thanks
nst
Expert 3

@MarkB1 

Well done for trying.

I also have had enough.

I cannot accept any explanation about a technical difficulty on the AppleTV for the same reasons you stated I.e. The platform is littered with apps that provide 5.1 streams!  If they can do it why cant Now… just makes them look stupid and amateurish.

Remember we aren’t talking about Atmos… just good old fashioned 5.1.

Although granted some people who dont have 5.1 sound systems dont care.. I do.  I pay for boost which allows me to watch movies in 1080 and 5.1.  I have no interest watching in 2.0.

at £3 its not fair that the AppleTV users have this huge part of boost missing.  Especially at full price.

at £5??  Absolutely no way.  The principle sucks and I refuse to pay £5 a month when I’m not getting a proper boost function.

I can indeed resort to my Firestick but now I dont see why I should.

I will be cancelling my boost pass in July when the price changes and I wont be getting it back until they properly support it on AppleTV.

0 Thanks
nst
Expert 3

Small addendum.

Last time I looked on my account, it said that boost was being increased for me to £5 from My July payment.

Ive just taken another look, and this time it says my July payment will be £3.

This is odd.

Anyone else check this and confirm that its gone back to £3 for July?  Maybe it will kick in for me in August I dont know.

0 Thanks