cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Duncaw67
Scholar 3

@Anonymous User @nst 

Looking at the terms and conditions this morning,I think they are forcing customers into taking the boost option, ie more flexibility re: streams,and no ads on demand,what good is 1 device for a family to access NOW.

I have a 6 month discount offer till Oct for boost, and then I will weigh up my options to see if  apple tv has been upgraded to the full boost HD & 5.1 dolby digital audio?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It’s worse for me as mine is going up as I only pay for kids as refuse to give them more money than that for a substandard service on Apple TV, not that the UI is better anywhere else. 

My kids use all the time, I’d have to pay £9.99 a month instead of £3.99 a month. They haven’t emailed me yet and my next charge is still saying £3.99 for July. 

Luckily I still have Clubcard credit, but that will run out very quickly if it goes up by £6 a month. 

Let’s hope there will be an offer of £4.99 a month like they used to. 

I note kids was in the entertainment pass until they lost Disney channel, then they split off, now they’re adding back. Maybe too many just pay the £3.99 for their kids. 

nst
Elite

@AlexB83 

This seems incorrect.

Existing boost subscribers DO NOT seem to keep it for the old price.  My boost pass is definitely showing as £5 next month.... so its not staying at £3 for me.  Anyone else see it staying at £3??

Also.. whats this about an additional bonus that streamed stuff is Ad free???  Isn't it always ad free on Now?  Ive never had to sit through ads on anything ive watched on Now... ever.  How is this a new thing?

Sadly, my point of principle has finally arrived... I will be cancelling boost if they havent supported 5.1 on my set top box of choice... i.e. appleTV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@nst 

From next month streamed shows will have ads on NowTV if you don't have Boost it's not really a benefit but that's what they are claiming.

Duncaw67
Scholar 3

@nst 

Just double checked my membership account and it definitely says boost will cost £5 from 15 July unless on a offer?

nst
Elite

@Duncaw67 

And literally 5 minutes ago I had an email arrive from Now telling me of the changes.

Quite tersely....(and almost inviting you to cancel!)

But.. as I say if they cant get 5.1 working on my platform of choice then ill cancel the pass.

Also, putting ads in the Now stream?  this is a first and a very unwelcome addition.

Now had better be confident in their ability to retain customers... this is not going to go well for them.

Duncaw67
Scholar 3

@nst 

Just got the same email and it is quite bizarre asking if you are interested in cancelling your boost pass!!

I will not be cancelling my discounted boost pass,which runs till Oct,as I watch NOW on my firestick,and though not as good as apple tv IMHO,it will suffice till then, when hopefully full boost will be implemented on all steaming platforms,we can but hope this comes to fruition?

AlexB83
Scholar 2

@Anonymous User 

I'd say it's more likely to be that very few people have the kids pass as it would have lost a large number of subscribers to Disney + 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just got my email, I’m migrated to the Entertainment pass (from kids) from mid July and the price of that is being reduced to £3.99 so I pay no more. It doesn’t say how long for.  Seems to be a result. 

But I now only get 1 stream and ads in content it says.  Unless I buy boost.