cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755

@Anonymous User Dunno yet. Noticed it whilst playing about with new Siri Remote. Dated today so clicked to update it. Forgot to note the version number. Notes just said something bland about fixes. Haven’t had time to have a look at the app for differences.

@Anonymous User  Yeah I hear you! We watch NOW via Roku SS+ when 5.1 is crucial

Duncaw67
Scholar 3

@dr_necessitor 

Just seen today boost price going up to £5 on 15 July,surely 5.1 Audio will be added to the apple tv app by then,especially at that price increase?

AlexB83
Scholar 2

@Duncaw67 

I wouldn't be so certain it will. There are some other changes like the price of cinema pass going down and no kids pass anymore.

Duncaw67
Scholar 3

@AlexB83 

With an increase of almost 67% it would be a disgrace not to have dolby digital audio on the apple tv,the price should be reduced to reflect that,as you only getting half of the boost element on your pass!!!

AlexB83
Scholar 2

@Duncaw67 

I think they have said on another page on the forum the price will stay the same for existing boost members. But I really don't think it means 5.1 is necessarily coming immediately for Apple TV. 

Duncaw67
Scholar 3

Hi  @AlexB83 

I have this morning checked my membership account,and it states boost £3 until 14 July then £5 thereafter,but that is not the point.

I use my apple tv for all my streaming needs except for NOW, as I use my firestick so I can access 5.1 audio,but all streaming apps should be all singing and dancing re:full boost for all, especially if prices are increasing next month for every member,we will just have to wait and see what happens on July 15?

nst
Elite

@Duncaw67 

Totally agree but I dont think for one second that they will 'fix' the appleTV app in time for this arbitrary price rise.

Out of principle.. this is the last 'boost' straw for me.  If the price goes up AND they expect that their full price paying AppleTV customers should be happy with paying full price and missing 5.1 then they are truly taking the mickey now aren't they.

Like you, I cant use the AppleTV app as I pay for 5.1 and therefore have to resort to the Firestick (I wish I didn't but there we go).

Out of principle they will lose a boost subscriber if they do this.

The AppleTV app will not be fixed.  If it was 'easy' they've had a long long time to do it.  Why it isn't 'easy' when all the other apps on the platform manage it is beyond me.  7 months after go-live to remain stuck at 2.0 doesn't bode well.

nst
Elite

just checked my account.  saw the impending price rise.

Were they not thinking of informing customers of this or just taking the extra money by stealth.

I thought that the future of boost was that it would disappear and become part of the standard service... NOT become even MORE expensive.  Im shocked.

Even more reason to FULLY support it on EVERY platform on which it is offered.. either that or withdraw it completely.

Boost on appleTV is now a complete ripoff at £5 a month when we aren't getting the full service.  5.1 for a movies service is NOT an optional extra!!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@nst 

I think they are trying to justify the increased cost in boost by lowering the cost of Cinema and Combining entertainment and kids and not increasing the price for that. I was disappointed to see they kept Sports Day Pass that is a joke at £9.99

Plus from next month Boost will be allowing Ad Free Viewing of On Demand and Standard NOW membership will only allow 1 stream at a time not the two but boost will remain at Three and apparently the remaining Sky Sports Channels will be upgraded to 50FPS. 

Not saying I agree with the changes and unless you look for it you won’t find out about the changes no emails about them of course.