cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wentey
Scholar 3

Re: Update Now TV app for apple TV

For those interested I spoke to the trials manager for BT sport today-I sit on their trials team as well as now TV and yes thats right they actually reply to emails and we have regular useful dialogue as they are constantly thinking about improvements (see the news on their timeline release today) they told me they will be releasing 4K HDR for Apple TV as a server side update (so it will just happen) on the newer model Apple TV’s with Big screen subscriptions, no timelines yet so not sure it will be in time for CL final, so great for Apple TV users with BT Sport who have only had access to either HD HDR or 4K SDR but sadly further grows the gap between Bt and now 😞

Enapace
Expert 2

@Wentey 

Interesting glad this is happening it makes it more tempting to get the new box but only when the Now app actually becomes good as Firestick 4K supports BT Sport 4K HDR.

0 Thanks
Enapace
Expert 2

I was watching the F1 Race today on my PS5 I was surprised how good the app was with the media remote pity that the Apple TV app can’t be like it and the Firestick 

0 Thanks

App update today (8 June 2021)

@Mark_Weinreb New RC arrived today. Very nice! Will be playing with it later…

0 Thanks
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@dr_necessitor Enjoy!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anything new with the update.

0 Thanks
Enapace
Expert 2

@dr_necessitor 

I haven't seen the new update. 

I've heard the new remote is good but until it works with the app [Plus 5.1] I won't be switching back to the AppleTV full time.

0 Thanks

@Anonymous User Dunno yet. Noticed it whilst playing about with new Siri Remote. Dated today so clicked to update it. Forgot to note the version number. Notes just said something bland about fixes. Haven’t had time to have a look at the app for differences.

0 Thanks

@Enapace  Yeah I hear you! We watch NOW via Roku SS+ when 5.1 is crucial

0 Thanks
Duncaw67
Scholar 3

@dr_necessitor 

Just seen today boost price going up to £5 on 15 July,surely 5.1 Audio will be added to the apple tv app by then,especially at that price increase?

0 Thanks