cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755

@nickmorc Based on the reply I got from the product trials co-ordinator, following the end of the Beta trial, it is my opinion that the new app will get released (rather than be shelved/scrapped or go forward for a further trial period) but there’s no agreed date at present (no explanation for why that is though)

nickmorc
Expert 2

@dr_necessitor Agreed got the same feeling. However using the old app again is soooooo bad.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When can we expect 4K & Dolby Atmos to arrive   

Also the Navigation even with the new Remote is still poor. Can it please be like every other service making it easy to scrub forwards / backwards / advance 10sec using the new Jog wheel 

nst
Elite

Woah there, @Anonymous User 

On AppleTV they still don’t seem able to figure out how to get 5.1 to work.

4K and Atmos??  Don’t hold your breath.

If Now every get to that level of quality… remember that Disney+ and Netflix and Amazon Prime have already been doing it for years…. They will be years behind.

But… 5,1 first please.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

5.1 they're claiming 'by end of the year' so if that's anything to go by given this new app and the beta and release dates... I'd say December is probably realistic for 5.1.

4K and Atmos? If I'm taking a guess I'd say it'll go on Amazon Fire Sticks first... but even then, I can't see it being this year, likely Q2 2022 and Q4 2022 for Apple TV - best case scenario in my opinion

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I wouldn’t hold my breath for 5.1.

Next you’ll be suggesting they’ll support HDR too, lol.

Question I have asked many times is why are you all paying money for such poor quality - I certainly am not.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

I use Firestick as my main device to watch NowTV and on there it is quite a good experience and allows me to watch Live Sports i couldn't else.

nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

Where did you hear that claim?

Frankly, a ridiculous timeframe to get something 'working' that should have been there from the start and was asked for by the beta testers some 9 months before the app was released.

We were promised 5.1 at 'go-live' which of course never appeared.  We have also been promised this 'soon' ever since December.

I remain deeply sceptical that there is any technical reason for this whatsoever.  The developers at Now can't be that incompetent that they can't provide a 5.1 stream to the AppleTV where they manage it on so many other platforms.. AND of course the AppleTV has many many apps that have managed 5.1 for years....

It can't be technical.... it must be political - my guess is that the app is deliberately disabled to allow for another platform to gain dominance (Cough... Firestick... cough)  So when it finally appears after a pre-determined amount of time we wont be surprised....

...meanwhile many eager AppleTV customers like myself would have long since migrated to the Firestick for the Now app which gives us the full Boost feature set we are paying for.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
See this is silly, why migrate, just dump them!

I refuse to be tied to a substandard app or platform to view content, occasionally I binge a box set on NowTV, if I really must see it. Which is rare.
nst
Elite

Not really, @Anonymous User 

Everyones usage varies.

Sadly, you can't just 'dump' them when the content they offer is not available elsewhere from other streaming platforms.  Mores the shame as it enables their current attitude.

Personally, I sill watch enough of their content on both entertainment and movie channels to justify the subscription (albeit at discounted rates).

Should I get to the point where im not interested in watching anything then sure.. cancel... and dont pay for a few months until something interesting appears.  However whilst there remains content I want to watch and its exclusive to Now... cancelling isn't an option.