MrZippy
Expert 2

Re: Update Now TV app for apple TV

It’s like the late 90’s!

0 Thanks
ScrumpyDaniel
Advocate

The app has been fixed on the new Apple TV 4K 2021. I had to delete & re-download the app however!

@Mark_Weinreb  I assume that, being a 3rd party app, the NOW TV app doesn’t support fwd & rwd video scrubbing using the clickpad ring?

0 Thanks
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@dr_necessitor Pressing the left/right buttons on the click ring brings up the appropriate menu as shown below. With the remote set to click and touch, stroking left/right gives the same result.

Hope this helps.

4D763C23-7229-4795-AF0C-8CFF6B290FF2.jpeg

Enapace
Expert 2

@Mark_Weinreb 

So your saying even with the new remote you still need to move over to the on screen fast forward button and the jog shutter wheel makes no difference?

0 Thanks
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Enapace Yes, that’s about it. Other apps like Netflix and Disney+ bring up a single timeline bar and repeated touches will move forwards and backwards 10 seconds at a time. Possibly, in time, the Now app will be brought in line with the other apps.

However, the new remote is way better than the old one.

Enapace
Expert 2

@Mark_Weinreb 

Hopefully i might pick up a new Apple TV box soon if they upgrade the Now App at moment the Firestick 4K is better for me but i prefer the Apple TV UI. The new Apple TV 2021 4K box should in theory support BT Sport 4K HDR

0 Thanks
MarkyMark6
Observer

When can we expect 4K & Dolby Atmos to arrive   

Also the Navigation even with the new Remote is still poor. Can it please be like every other service making it easy to scrub forwards / backwards / advance 10sec using the new Jog wheel 

0 Thanks