cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrZippy
Expert 2

Re: Update Now TV app for apple TV

It will work as expected, sluggish and unresponsive!
0 Thanks
Duncaw67
Scholar 3

@MrZippy 

I have used a universal remote since I bought my apple tv box,and it is so much easier to use,much like the amazon firestick remote only use the apple remote for picture in picture ff or rew,too much hassle otherwise,will check out the new remote and see if it is worth purchasing!!

0 Thanks
JamesEarl
Advocate

The Play/Fast Forward controls look like a hangover from the 1980s, & and the opening screen is now not even alphabetic, making search impossible - what an appalling app! I will now use your app as an example of mind-blowingly poor design, Well done! Have you had ANY positive feedback about it? 

JamesEarl
Advocate

Absolutely!

0 Thanks
psykix
Mentor

Am I missing something? It says you can pause live TV in the email. I just tried on Sky News and nothing... Do I need to do some sort of black magic to pause it?

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@psykix 

Apart from BT and NOW devices, no others support TV live pause.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/now-features

You can pause and rewind the live TV channels for up to 30 minutes with any of the NOW devices below: 

• NOW Smart Stick
  • NOW Smart Box with 4K & Voice Search
  • NOW Smart Box with Freeview
  • NOW Box (black) 
  • BT TV Box (rewind for up to 2 hours)

On all other devices, you can only pause or rewind on demand movies and shows.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, I am simply a NOW customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service and like you I am still a customer. For any account issues you’ll need to contact staff via customer support.
0 Thanks
Blue1878
Advocate

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, I have the new Now App on my Apple TV4k but I’m confused whether the content should now be aggregated in to the Apple TV app or can only be viewed in the Now App itself?

So where the content from BBC, Netflix, prime etc is is all visible and searchable within the Apple TV app, Now still seems to be absent.
I read an article on pocket lint from 15th April that states it should be able to do what I explain above, but in the Apple TV app there is no Now content. For example I had hoped a Sport section would route direct to Now / Sky sports or the F1 channel but I can’t find anything. The Now app is set to ‘on’ under settings/apps/TV in the ATV itself.

0 Thanks
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Blue1878 You should find that your watchlist, or at least the watch next part, is integrated into Apple TV itself, not the Apple TV+ app. This is the same as it is for Amazon Prime, Netflix, Disney+ and, of course, Apple TV+ itself.

As you can see from the screen grab below:F4F63E37-4B73-4B6C-9DDB-E703C8BB9986.jpeg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Correct me if I’m wrong but Netflix doesn’t play nice with the Apple TV app unless it’s something that has been added recently and I don’t know, isn’t it the only app that doesn’t play along as the opted out of it.
0 Thanks
Blue1878
Advocate

@Mark_Weinreb  thanks for the feedback. On closer inspection there was some Now content in ‘watch next’, I’d hoped the integration was a bit deeper but maybe in the future.

0 Thanks