cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Duncaw67
Scholar 3

@AlexB83 

I totally agree,Apple tv is the best streaming box out there IMHO and once they sort out 5.1 surround sound for people who want to use it and,the best picture quality on most of the main apps, especially Eurosport Player,absolutely brill.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It might seem overboard, but for me, the remote is unresponsive, fails to pause and fast forwarding / rewinding is a mess. On top of that, I like pausing some programmes to take time to look at the pictures / content, but now a massive portion of the screen is taken by overlay... Making it unusable for me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I don’t think they care what we think as I as well as others fed pretty much all the negative stuff back during the ‘trial’, plus you’d hope they’d also be looking at this forum for feedback.

Shame as if the app was good, complete rewrite, I’d likely regularly pay for the entertainment pass. But it’s so bad that if I hear of a good show I wait for the whole box set to be available and pay for one month. So they are saving me money!
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User If you’re talking about the Apple TV remote, then the good news is that Apple are releasing a new remote with a jog wheel replacing that somewhat unresponsive touchpad. It will be available to pre-order from Apple tomorrow (30 April) and will ship mid-may. It can’t be any worse than the current one.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It will be up to the users taking part in the trials to relate any feedback to the Trials inbox with NOW.

As for the current app, why would NOW focus on a forum page for feedback? Any feedback, good and bad should be sent direct to NOW customer support. 

On a forum like everything else will get lost in the shuffle. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
It’s not the remote that’s unresponsive, it’s the app. You can tap left and right on the remote and it behaves better. I suspect they are not using native UI elements, made obviously but the other visual issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, I realise it's the app, I love the remote (though looking forward to the new one coming next month). 

Sadly I expect the app will not respond to the jog wheel as expected 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep, I watched the Apple presentation. A great improvement, but only if Now App works as expected with it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It will work as expected, sluggish and unresponsive!
Duncaw67
Scholar 3

@Anonymous User 

I have used a universal remote since I bought my apple tv box,and it is so much easier to use,much like the amazon firestick remote only use the apple remote for picture in picture ff or rew,too much hassle otherwise,will check out the new remote and see if it is worth purchasing!!