cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The app is ‘loosely’ universal I suspect, had updates in the past on the phone in morning not until evening was it available on the Apple TV or a few days later. Strange bit of rebranding but it might have something to do with them pushing peacock to the U.K. but possibly under the name ‘Now’ instead as NBC isn’t very well known here in the U.K. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User

Would be nice the peacock app actually plays nice with the Apple TV from what I’ve seen on YouTube reviews etc
nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

My point being if it IS universal then it would have been updated with the iOS and IPADOS versions as they are one and the same.  It can't be on a different version if universal.

I have noticed, however, that TVOS updates apps in its own sweet time... and you can't really check for updates there as you can on the iPhone.

So if TVOS isn't updates just yet thats understandable but will update automatically in the next day if its universal.

If it isn't, then it wont. and the app will begin to stagnate quickly.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
To check for the tvOS update find the app in the store, will say Update there if one available. As the screenshots on the iOS App Store for tvOS show the old style I suspect an update hasn’t been pushed out yet. I don’t know how universal apps work, I would assume it’s all or none for an update, but if no specific changes to the tvOS code, maybe it doesn’t show as an update. Although maybe developers can link apps, with different code bases.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wouldn't hang my hat on it playing super nice with the apple tv but we can hope! Bit different to US in the way that OTT is a lot more common and a lot more players in the market. Here, Sky have somewhat of a monopoly. Personally I only use "NOW" for sky sports, I'd like to be able to use some of the other areas but it's just far too over priced. £9.99 Entertainment + £11.99 movies = £21.98 for something that Netflix top tier costs = £13.99 and Prime = £7.99, Disney+ = £7.99. I can pick two out of those 3 for the same price or less than "NOW" with barely a better library. Until they bring down their combined offering of TV+Movies under £15 I don't see how it really has a place in the market

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

In fairness on cancellation offers i am paying £13.99 for Entertainment, Movies and Boost but yeah the regular pricing is very expensive.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User

I do exactly the same thing makes it a little easier to swallow at that price.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apple TV update out, but just a design ‘refresh’ with new branding nothing else changed. The greens a bit easier on the eye but that’s about it really 

nst
Elite

im a bit surprised by this rebrand.

OK, its just cosmetic and appeared out of the blue...  a half hearted one at that.

But you'd have hoped for the opportunity of a relaunch or something to go hand in hand with the new colour scheme.

Not yet seen the AppleTV update, but maybe that confirms a universal app (or does it?  Im not sure).... anyway given the dissatisfaction of the AppleTV app it would have been nice for this to be a bit more substance over style.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Would we say ‘style’?

Lol.