cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I think I’m slowly giving up hope.

@nst I see it as the countdown to beta expiry and yet (possibly) another failure to launch 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does the new version (the beta) work with apple top shelf as everything else does, that would be so cool for shows in motion.

(sorry if this has been answered before)

Anonymous User
Not applicable
No.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Well that’s not entirely true is it. They’ve previously said it was feature that would be included on release of the app. It’s just not available to test in the beta.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
They’ve said lots of things, and currently it doesn’t support it.

I got an autumn 2020 release date when I queried the other day, but my question as to why released in Ireland was ignored again.
nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

Depends what you mean by top shelf.

Im assuming you are referring to an app that is installed in the top line... or 'dock' on TVOS..

Apps in the dock can show more content above the dock when selected - Netflix shoes up next etc.

In the case of the new NowTV app... I have this in my dock, and its something I fed back to the development team very early on... asking whether it could show the watch next or watchlist details when selected.

However, as has been the case with the beta trial, I have not had an acknowledgement of that request nor has it appeared to be changed in the 2 subsequent beta builds.

As it stands, there is no point having the NowTV app in the dock as it doesnt show additional information.

This functionality is not TV integration nor is it Boost of course - and those are the only 2 things that I understand we should expect that are not visible in the betas.

The app is imperfect.. and should receive further updates over time once released... and not left to fester like the last version was.  That being said... hopefully they just get on and actually release it at some point warts and all.... and then we can go from there.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HLG is used on BBC iPlayer. 

Duncaw67
Scholar 3

Hi@mallet94

Thanks for that advice,but could take up the sky sports offer as I have 7 sport week gift cards to use before the end of the year  and could not afford to lose them, will see if offered a new deal when I have used them!!!!

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

I suspect Now have stopped all upgrades for good.  Just bug fixes.