cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Duncaw67
Scholar 3

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just checked my tv upstairs,and nowtv is still working on my roku 4k stick,but I prefer the firestick as my go to device,as it will give you the bitrate for streaming,and it is easy to keep tabs if you have the boost pass,the roku for nowtv is a bit long in the tooth compared to Apple tv and Amazon going forward!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Duncaw67

I meant going forward I read that Roku won’t be making Nowtv devices. Which would probably explain why the deal was struck with Amazon in my opinion.

When we were on the trial I asked the question why can’t we pause live tv like on the Nowtv devices and the trials manager said it’s because that feature was licensed to Roku.

Does the Amazon fire stick allow you to pause live tv?
Duncaw67
Scholar 3

Hi @Anonymous User 

No only the blue now tv box with freeview built in allowed you to pause for up to 1/2 hour,if my memory serves me well,and that boxIMHO was the best nowtv device on the market at the time,but it disappeared like snow off a dyke,to be replaced by the pink smart 4k box which has also gone the same way,and now amazon firestick is the go to platform for Nowtv for the foreseeable future!!!!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

You can pause and rewind the live TV channels for up to 30 minutes with any of the NOW TV devices below: 

• NOW TV Smart Stick
  • NOW TV Smart Box with 4K & Voice Search
  • NOW TV Smart Box with Freeview
  • NOW TV Box (black) 
  • BT TV Box (rewind for up to 2 hours) via the BT TV Guide through BT TV.

On all other devices, you can only pause or rewind on demand movies and shows.

Keep in mindYou can’t record whole shows or series on the live TV channels on any device, except via the programme guide on the BT TV Box if you pay for your Passes through BT.

Duncaw67
Scholar 3

Hi @schnapps 

Thanks for that,forgot the Now tv stick paused live tv,as I bought one when they first came on the market,totally underwhelmed by it as it had the tendency to get quite hot,as mentioned on previous threads,and replaced it with a Roku 4k stick night and day better IMO, then amazon have virtually taken over Nowtv!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User

If only Apple would create a live channel guide that would incorporate Uk channels like bbc etc and have access to the apps that play nice with the Apple TV app the better, better than that Dona deal were you pay a subscription for movies and shows a bit like Apple Music and it would be a game changer
Duncaw67
Scholar 3

Hi @Anonymous User 

I thought after the 8 mth beta trial now tv on the apple platform would have all the bells and whistles when it was released to the general public,but the amazon firestick beat them to it,and had everything on it,which was promised by the now tv developers during the trial but sadly failed to materialise as I think the Apple tv box is the best streaming device on the market IMHO,albeit pricey compared to the firestick 4k,which is being sold at £34:99 on the Amazon shopping website,an absolute bargain compared to the Apple tv box!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Duncaw67

I thought exactly the same, I thought it would be head and shoulders above the rest.

I agree I think the Apple TV box is the best on the market, yes it’s pricey but you get what you pay for.

I just wish the Uk markets would play nice with it.
Duncaw67
Scholar 3

Hi @Anonymous User 

Unfortunately the now tv app on apple seems to have been superceded by the nowtv app appearing out of the blue on the firestick,and the nowtv stick no longer in stock on the website,which means the go to device seems to be the amazon firestick,which I bet will the main platform for Nowtv going forward,and the app on apple tv will be a poor second  in comparison!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

To be honest i agree in a way it's the best streaming device on the market and in a way I don't agree with that. It can't support 4K 60 HDR for Sports on BT Sports where as the Firestick can and we can all agree it's far better NowTV Experience so that's a negative to me at least. It has the capabilities to be the best streaming device in the UK if it was properly developed by developers but it doesn't seem like it currently is. So at the moment for me the best Streaming Device is the Fire Stick 4K sad as that is.