cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Seems like it to me. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

At least it is getting updates that is good news.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User

Yep I agree, you would like to think that this means all the other stuff will start to follow, let’s just hope it’s not four years
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Agreed even though I am on the Amazon Firestick platform i would like to see the AppleTV be fully supported as well.

nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

Nope... and allow the AppleTV app to be as good as... or even better than the FireStick version??

Uncle Amazon wont be allowing that to happen for quite some time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So now tv got an update for Apple TV. Great apart from:

1. Power save doesn’t work. Apple TV doesn’t turn off with now tv app open. 
2. Cannot voice search anymore. 
3. No ability to restart program. 
4. Cannot use iPhone keyboard when in search. 
5. Not full HD / 4K I don’t believe. 

Anyone else got these problems and found any solutions? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Didn’t think we could voice search in the new app anyway.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Don’t believe any of these are new, haven’t tested paper save mode.

Solution, don’t use NowTV!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Amazon Firestick app can't use voice search yet don't expect it on the AppleTV till the Amazon app does.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I do wish I could have 5.1 on the Apple TV ... because I can’t get it on my Nowtv stick either! 

Some sort of nowTV bug is causing the stick to play in 720/stereo instead of 1080/5.1 ... 90% of the time. If I start and re-start an episode enough times if might get into 1080/5,1.  And this is on 100Mb wifi... After several hopeless interactions with Nowtv support (reset everything, blame my wifi, blame my isp etc) i am at my wits’ end. At least the Apple TV uses wired internet which might get WiFi out of the equation, but then it has no 5.1.

I asked the complaints team to escalate the problem with the stick to developers. This was their response: “As for the escalation, I can escalate this further however the developers do not deal in email contacts, as we are just the TV department.”  No, I don’t know what this means either 🙂

And I also asked the complaints team to log my dissatisfaction with the lack of 5.1 on the Apple TV app. Their response: “In regards to the AppleTV, that would need to be raised with Apple.” So if they don’t collect dissatisfied customers, presumably their data shows the demand for 5,1 is zero...

NowTV is really very depressing to deal with.