cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
AlexB83
Scholar 2

@Anonymous User 

But then do you have seperate payments for 50fps and seperate payments for extra streams? To me that starts becoming really complicated on what is meant to be a relatively simple platform. 

I have never said 5.1 shouldn't be there and I can see it is disappointing to have features Missing but hopefully these things can be more easily added as they don't have to worry about total redesign now and it's just adding features. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The extra streams would come part of the 50fps. If you look how how Netflix do the price tiers you get three options. Basic sd. Then hd option and then you have the 4k option. How nowtv can’t make this an option is beyond me. And if a person wishes to purchase 5.1 at a later date it’s a simple add on. 4k will never be an option for nowtv as it will threaten there premium sky q brand. 

Hooba
Scholar 3

As someone who very much values 3 streams, 1080P, 50FPS - I find the suggestion that I should be denied that because 5.1 isn't available on AppleTV a little bit over the top.

nst
Elite

@Hooba 

Do you have a 5.1 sound system?

Or just stereo speakers?

Do you agree with Sky labelling content as 5.1 on the AppleTV when it is actually only 2.0?

Nobody is suggesting spoiling your fun whatsoever..... more that as we have said over and over if you are selling an add-on - with 4 tentpole features for £3 a month... and that add-on is "supported" on a number of devices... its not really outrageous to expect that all features are available on all devices if you wish to make use of them.  Choice.

If you only have need for 3 out of 4 then that's just fine..... you purchased that pass knowing full well that you have no need for 5.1 and are totally fine with that.

Personally, im the same as you in that 50fps is lost on me as I don't have the sports pass - and that's only really of interest in there.  Also, im the only user of my account so multiple streams are also not something I need.  Im even easier to please really... I just want 2 out of the 4.

I am, however, a movie fan and to me in 2020 ... 1080p and 5.1 are a minimum requirement.

However id rather like all features supported on all platforms as that makes it fair and people can choose their platform and choose what they want or need to take advantage of.  this whole debate should be meaningless.  Its a shame it isnt.

Im not losing anything in here.  Im a boost subscriber and I just switch over to Firestick now for NowTV.... I just wish I hadn't wasted 8 months of my life beta testing the app and I wish they had been more honest about what they were going to deliver.

Hooba
Scholar 3

@nst 

"my rather scorched earth viewpoint is that if they find themselves unable to offer the full boost service on a device, then they should not offer it at all."

Seriously? I have an AppleTV not hooked up to a 5.1 system, and I shouldn't benefit from 1080P and 50FPS? And a third stream? For 75p a week?

Hooba
Scholar 3

@nst 

"I just wish I hadn't wasted 8 months of my life beta testing"

Again, seriously?

nst
Elite

@Hooba 

Yes.. seriously.  Why ask.

Im beyond thrilled you are getting value for money and are happy with your boost service.

You know what.. so am I!!!  I use less of it than you do yet im just as happy to pay 75p a week (thanks carol vorderman).  I just wish I could use those 2 measly elements on my AppleTV box.  Not much to ask is it.

Stop changing the point of the discussion.

This is about the provision of Boost on the appleTV app.   A function that was promised to the beta testers who spent 8 months on it.

You choose to use 3 elements of it.  I choose to use 2.  We both happily pay the same for the privilege. Thats not the point of this discussion.

My point is simply that we should all be able to use all 4 if we so choose to do so on all the platforms they provide it on.  Very simple.

Hooba
Scholar 3

There comes a point where a narrative is pushed so often, and to such extremes, that it's no longer taken seriously. Sarcasm doesn't often help much either.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m confused - just to be clear, the Apple TV Now app with boost is outputting at 1080p, right? Is there any way of testing this? The Firestick app has the numbers top right but I can’t see anything on Apple TV?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The number in the right hand corner on the firetv stick or firetv device is the audio bit rate I get it on mine which is number 128. And yes I’m pretty certain the Atv is outputting 1080p. I’m watching the cricket now and lovely picture.