cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
PoorService84
Scholar

Well, after years of waiting, I’m done.

Films I cancelled a while ago as Netflix, Disney+ and iTunes fill that easily.

Entertainment cancelled at the end of the deal as we probably only watch a couple of hours a week as again, most good content is available elsewhere with superior experiences.

sport, particularly F1, was harder but price combined with experience has led me to discover alternative methods. I now subscribe to Peacock ( NBC) and Espn. Again, better service and price.

Nothing short of a shambolic disgrace this whole saga.

Why hobble Apple TV I ask myself, is it to sell me a Sky box? I’m not interested, we have no aerial or dish and nor want to add another box. We use Apple TV on all tv’s and that’s the way it will stay.

They are seriously out of touch with viewers in 2020.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@PoorService84

How do you subscribe to peacock in the Uk and espn I’m think of getting rid of now tv after all this
PoorService84
Scholar

I use DNS company, of which there are many are online and sign up to services.

Not the cleanest and I would happily pay a few more ££ to keep it local but needs must.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I fully agree with you, I’m having to watch nowtv on the firetv stick because it’s far superior app on there than Apples app. How the nowtv app can be so much better on the firetv 4k stick is beyond belief. Surely there must have been a lot of work behind the scenes on the app for firetv stick. For example everytime I load the Apple TV the images do not load on the homepage. I could go on but yes a shambolic situation. 

AlexB83
Scholar 2

@PoorService84 its not just to sell a box though is it. Of course sky would prefer you subscribe to sky rather than now TV and tie you into a long term contract. There is no way they would offer a service as good as sky without a contract. Now TV is there to tempt people to get sky or to catch those who would never subscribe to sky anyway. That's why I don't think we will get 4k now TV until 8k sky is a thing. I think some people have unrealistic expectations 

PoorService84
Scholar

You say sky isn’t there to sell me a box but is there to catch people, and ultimately, sell them a box?

As I said, I’m not buying. I don’t want an aerial and another box.

You also say there is no way they would offer a service as good. Why not? I’m willing to pay the same they already charge, less their fees for installing.

I don’t look at now tv as a cheap alternative, just a streaming alternative and expect to pay my way.

I just expect to receive quality on pay with elsewhere.

AlexB83
Scholar 2

They wouldn't offer a service as good because they want to offer incentives to subscribe to a full package. If there are no benefits of subscribing to full sky package why would anyone bother. 

PoorService84
Scholar

I don’t understand.

Disney+, Apple+ and Prime a discount for an annual sub. I’m happy to pay.

I don’t want a contract, another box or some piece of crap bolted to my house, no is it necessary.

Provide me content and on a service level as near enough to every streaming platform, charge me accordingly, then this debate is done.

What is the fascination with their box and satellite? I don’t care how the content is delivered and the sooner they realise that the better.

AlexB83
Scholar 2

You are comparing it to services which are purely streaming. Where as now TV is more like a lite version of a cable or satellite package. Like I said if you didn't offer an incentive to subscribe to full sky then nobody would and sky make money by keeping people on contract. I used to have sky but can't have it where I live. I don't expect to have the same features full sky subscribers have but at present the service works for me. 

PoorService84
Scholar

I completely understand your point, but..,

My point is why is it a lite version? Why isn’t it cutting edge? Why are they behind everyone else? I would pay the going rate.

In ten years no one will be getting their content in this way. Hell, Sky are the only ones trying to subvert and keep us on satellite. Everyone else has moved on.

Amazon are playing with the golden goose, premier league and BT are light years ahead.

So, get with the programme, charge accordingly and improve your service.

Nothing more.