cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Or last week. When it did!
nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

I tried this and all I got was a stock response as provided by the development team / PR.

Nothing else will be said.

I imagine the trials manager is "embarrassed" as what they promised was not delivered by the developers.  We have to assume that they told us in good faith what the developers told them was being worked on ..... and of course as we all now know.. we did not get what was promised.

Who mislead who? and why?  We don't know.

Who knows whats happening now and whether we will get an update.. well one thing is for sure.. the trials team are done with this trial, and know as much as the rest of us know.

nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

So hard to recommend things.

I know nothing of BT sport im afraid - im not a sports fan or subscriber.

Fire Stick has a lot going for it.  The interface is a little clunky and not a patch on AppleTVs but I hear there is an imminent update to that so things will change.

Fire stick is capable, fast, and covers the vast majority of streaming platforms - and it is so cheap.

AppleTV is my runaway favourite - fast and a nice interface and remote... and the TV app is worth its weight in gold - it allowed me to replace a pricey SkyQ recording service with catchup tv apps and mostly works well.

Right now... this moment.. weighing everything up.. then the Fire Stick is the best option.

If, however, NowTV actually deliver the app they promised the beta testers... then AppleTV wins hands down.

... in my opinion.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@nst 

I get you at the moment the remote is one of the worst things about the NowTV app as it hurts the platform but that's NowTV not Apple's fault.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User @nst

So who do we complain to that’s the thing, we’ve all wasted so much time and effort and have been let down, surely we should be offered some deals or something for our time and effort.

If I had an email address to send an email to I would do it straight away.

Any thoughts?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

To be honest i am debating giving up with my Apple TV box to watch NowTV on which is a shame but think they won't ever do it the full justice. 

nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

Who knows.  I guess whats the point in complaining.  The trials team just managed the trial. Wasn't their call what made it live after all.

Yes, I feel a great sense of wasting my time.  A lot of time.  Ive ended up with an app I cannot use on my appleTV due to the lack of 5.1 support.  Something I never saw coming in a million years... still totally bemused as to why they think that 1080p without 5.1 is acceptable or even desirable (yes I know some people watch on 2 channel stereo speakers and only care about the PQ)

Again .. today im stunned to see a far superior app appear out of the blue on a device that until today had no support at all.  Where was that app's beta test eh?? 

@Anonymous User 

I stick with my opinion the AppleTV box and platform is much better than the others.

However, right now, the Fire Stick has a lot going for it.  Price, and app support for sure.  Until today NowTV was the main UK service missing... until today.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Apple 4K TV box still wins all the way for me mainly down to the remote and
the U.I.

For example when I scrub forward I get a picture in picture on the Apple
TV, I can skip backwards and forwards quickly or even ask Siri to do it for
me. A double tap on the remote will tell me when the program is due to end.
It’s all the little things that make the Apple TV box the best in my
opinion.

I’m fortunate to enough that my Denon 2200 Atmos amp pulls out a very
convincing surround sound mix on NowTV, I can see on my amp menu that I’m
getting surround sound. However I am not willing to watch films without 5.1
sound.

As long as I am able to I will use the old five year app because of voice
support.

I’m hoping to leave now TV as soon as possible now. I’ve watched most
things that I find compelling. Raised by Wolves is doing nothing for me or
my mrs so that just leaves Lord Bird and Tin Star Liverpool to finish.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not sure if it’s a coincidence but I had the TVOS 14.3 update on my ATV 4K overnight and the navigation in the Now TV app is way better, much smoother and more reactive, not sure if there are any other improvements though

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Just had the email to say they have updated the app for Apple TV, states in the email you can watch live and pause anytime, yet you can’t. Also had a reply back from the trials manager and we’re not getting Apple TV intergration apparently it was tested on the beta and it’s not coming