cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Mikeaj96 

Yeah i'm leaning towards the Firestick 4K as it supports BT Sport 4K HDR which the Apple TV 4K doesn't and seems to now support all of NowTV Boost and extra streams and has a fastforward button lol. Assume it supports Disney+ and Netflix 4K as well.

Hooba
Scholar 3

I think the Cube does Atmos for Netflix and Prime, whereas the Sticks only do Atmos on Prime.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Hooba 

Hmm that seems slightly odd as it supports Atmos on BT Sport according to BT

Just looked very odd Firestick 3rd Gen supports Dolby Atmos but only 1080p and the Firestick 4K supports 4K but no Dolby Atmos. That seems very odd choice and it supports Disney+ Dolby Atmos on the firestick 4K. I haven't got a dolby atmos system at present so will still likely go for a Firestick 4K and when i do if netflix still don't support i could use my AppleTV for ATMOS.

Hooba
Scholar 3

This from Netflix agrees: 3rd gen supports Atmos - but Fire Stick 4K doesn't:

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/23934?ba=SwiftypeResultClick&q=atmos%20Amazon%20Fire%20TV%20device

Yes, I think BT announced a couple of weeks ago that BT Sport on the 4K sticks are now Atmos. 

nst
Elite

@Duncaw67 

I, too have just downloaded it on my FireStick 4K.

I’m at a loss here... I really am.

The Fire Stick app is great.  It really is.  OK you have to ignore all the foibles of the standardized NowTV interface... as thats all there front and center as it is on all platforms.  I am using it right now and of course the picture and sound quality is very good - better in fact than on other platforms I’ve tried.

However.. this is just perplexing, and irritating.

Having been actively involved in the beta test for 8 months... and finally after delay after delay after delay we eventually  got an app that inexplicably doesn’t support 5.1..... and yet.. today, out of thin air... arrived a polished and highly useable Fire Stick version of the app.  Full boost support intact.

How can Amazon get a brand new app with full functionality, when Apple users have been desperate for an updated version of a 5 year old app only to have it arrive incomplete.

IF they continue to develop the AppleTV app.. and IF they fix 5.1 in the very near future, and IF they do as promised and integrate the AppleTV TV app - then the Apple platform will be the best available with the best version of the NowTV app.... but I suspect there have been significant shenanigans in the background involving Amazon which means that they haven’t allowed this to happen... at least not until such  time as the Amazon Fire stick app has had Time to gain traction.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@nst

I emailed the trials manager today and asked for an update on why the app was released without the things that were promised, this is the second time I’ve done this and I got the same reply again today, I’m still waiting for the development team to answer the questions you have asked, I mean surely the trials manager would have these answers or am I completely missing something here? Maybe Nowtv have released it half finished because there hoping for a deal on the fee’s like Amazon got?
Anonymous User
Not applicable
They are not a manger then are they if they don’t know what’s going on.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@nst 

Would you recommend I get if i want a full fledged way to watch NowTV and BT Sport? Been watching Game of Thrones and so annoyed by rewind/ff implementation on there.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Hooba 

Yeah seems odd how the 1080p stick can do atmos and the 4K one can't lol.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The updated NowTV app for the Apple TV has FINALLY rolled out today everyone!