cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

That’s where you are wrong, I am a boost subscriber. I subscribe for the HD but only when I can get an offer. 

AlexB83
Scholar 2

Could nst sound anymore condescending. I think a lot people will be happy with the improvement in picture quality and let's hope the stuff will come 

nst
Elite

@AlexB83 

I don't appreciate the reference to being condescending.  that was not anywhere close to my intention.  I don't come into this forum to bicker.

Each to their own.

Im surprised to find boost subscribers who don't care about 5.1.  Live and learn.  and again.. im happy for you!  I would still suggest you are in the minority.  

Personally though, boost was sold to me as being 1080p with 5.1 sound.  Not one or the other.  £3 a month for both.  I don't want one without the other.  Thats not what I signed up for when I took out the subscription.  It didn't, at the time, say anywhere that certain devices that were 'boost' compatible were only capable of one and not the other.  This is a brand new and unfathomable phenomenon.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It’s funny we can see why NowTV didn’t make any effort. Joe Public don’t care!
nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

Sure seems that way.  Always interesting to see the other viewpoints in here.

When they said on Twitter :

"we know that our customers value the option to be able to steam our content in HD and on multiple devices simultaneously.  We therefore wanted to offer this functionality to them as quickly as possible via our Boost Pass"

I just couldn't get my head around the notion that there were people out there who are happy to pay for boost and yet only get / use bits of it.  To be honest you might well not make use of the additional simultaneous streams but I feel that the audio/video upgrade go hand in hand as a feature.

But, yes there are those who seem to be only interested in picture and not sound and in that case NowTV seem to be correct in their assumption.

I still hope this is a very temporary situation however given the length of time they had to work on the app through beta testing.. and to still launch like this... I get the feeling the solution is more than a few weeks away.

AlexB83
Scholar 2

I pay for boost for the main reasons that it's HD and 50fps (which is important for sports) plus the extra stream is also very important for me. 5.1 audio is the least important aspect of boost for me and I'm sure not everybody has a system which supports it anyway hence I imagine why it was less of a priority. So while it would be nice to have I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. Also when you compare it sky it's like combining their hd pack and sky go extra so I don't think it's terrible value even without 5.1 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Nst has got every right to air his view. Nowtv have pulled a fast one here not having 5.1 is just not on. You go shopping for 6 eggs and only 3 in the box your not gonna complain. For 8 months we have waited for this app and it’s been a struggle. Now they release it without a main function. Don’t know what there doing. @nst maybe from the likes of whathifi t3 an email or on Twitter I’m sure they’d be interested. I know there was a thread also on avforums regarding the nowtv app surely a post there is worth it. I’m a member on there so I’ll have to try and recover my password. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Im a big fan of the Apple tv remote,i glide around my apps no problem and it feels weird navigating around other devices on a regular remote.... one of the frustrating things about this new now tv app is how unresponsive the Apple tv remote seems just within the nowtv app, sometimes it takes a fair few swipes to navigate around. Its fine in other apps, feels really quick and can whizz through menus etc.

anyone elses remote feel sluggish in the new now tv app or is it just mine?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeh something is definitely off with swiping to move around in this app, it feels like you have to swipe down two or three times to make it move sometimes.

Also I can had the 'missing images' bug but can't remember exactly where. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep I mentioned that in a post swiping is slow and unresponsive, also for some reason starting a programme can either be instant or take ages or not happen at all and I need to come out of the app and back in and it starts instantly!