cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Finally.

now that’s all the UK streaming services on the box 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Installed, loaded up Sky Sports, no issues

Anonymous User
Not applicable

>>

now that’s all the UK streaming services on the box 

>>

Rakuten is still missing in the UK...I only use it as I get a monthly free stream through my bank

Pleased to see that, finally, the new app has been released (albeit with Boost still lacking 5.1 sound as it did during the trial).

At > 2 years, I think this has been the longest (& at times the most frustrating) beta trial I’ve ever taken part in.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So, all this wait and hype and we’re offered a half-baked solution, but not a half-price charge for the Boost pass. Typical greedy, pathetic Sky. How many more years are we going to have to wait to get 5.1 audio, something that pretty much every other major streaming service supports nowadays?

I’m stuck either having to use the app. on my LG TV, but with only 25fs, or a flaky NowTV/Roku box which works when it feels like it, to get 50fs.

This is Apple’s loss too, not that they’ll notice, because without the full Boost feature set I won’t be buying a 4K ATV box. Had the app. been updated I could have used the 4K ATV box for all my streaming needs. As for Sky/NowTV, their loss too because I won’t consider things like a Movie Pass, not unless I can get a consistent, universal playback experience across all of the devices that I have/want to buy that support NowTV.

It’s gone very quiet on getting the NowTV app. working on the new Humax Aura PVR too. Great job Sky, thanks for the terrific customer support.

nst
Elite

Im still mad at this!

I mean, why on earth has it taken this long, and for them not to support 5.1.

This is surely a trading standards issue now.  Im not being over dramatic but im just astonished they can put in writing that boost is supported on AppleTV (but not 5.1 sound... soz).

Therefore AppleTV should not support boost at all.  Why implement it like this... even if its just a short term thing (not as if they havent had enough time to get this working) - and what exactly is the issue on AppleTV seeing as everyone else with streaming apps seems to manage 5.1.

Its the fact that they are happy to take £3 a month from boost subscribes on the platform yet not offer them the full feature set. 

Its like selling someone a car and for the same price just exclude the wheels and expect people to just pay it.

I would have much preferred boost to stay off the app altogether until ready.. rather than this frankly bizarre implementation.

At the moment I just feel I wasted a lot of time in 2020 helping out with the trial given that they knew VERY clearly the feedback we gave them back in March about missing boost.. and the fact they assured us that boost would be included at launch.  This is NOT boost.  I cannot use the new app.  I have to stick with the LG WEBOS version at least whilst I remain a boost customer.

It is beyond cheeky to expect AppleTV users to subscribe to boost.  At least give it to them free or half price or something until 5.1 is fixed.

Hooba
Scholar 3

The thing is, the app is already ready. And 5.1 isn't broken, so doesn't need fixing. NowTV has decided not to support 5.1. It was probably more hassle to remove 5.1 than it was to provide it. But as things stand, it looks like NowTV has decided not to support 5.1 on AppleTV. That decision might change. It might not. 

nst
Elite

Then... they should remove the '5.1' badge on content accessed via the app.

Movies and TV shows are badged "HD" and "5.1"... and when you play them... the 5.1 is actually 2.0... so trades description problem there.

Someone who has just downloaded the app... finally subscribed to boost... does not know the ins and outs of whats just transpired.... then presses play on a movie clearly marked as "5.1"... would and should be very annoyed at NowTV for this.  They are NOT getting what they thought the had paid for.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Doesn’t the supported devices for boost state no 5.1 on Apple TV. Or can you buy elsewhere and not know this.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

It does but you could simply be a new NowTV User just brought a Apple 4K TV and it says 5.1 label on a title your watching it is a bit misleading.