cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I read tonight that apparently Apple are releasing a new Apple TV tomorrow in time for the fitness plus, just a thought but do you think it was rushed through and released because of this? Probably not considering how long we have waited but it is just a thought.

I can’t understand why they say Apple TV intergration etc will be on the final release and it’s not and also why they haven’t added top shelf etc, they could do so much more, from what I’ve seen of the peacock app from the same company Comcast it looks fantastic, can’t we just have a copy of that with the name changed surely it can’t be that hard to do.
AlexB83
Scholar 2

I don't think it's true about the Apple TV being released a number of reliable leakers say this is not happening so I don't think it's anything to do with that. 

nst
Elite

lets be honest... the original AppleTV released in 2007 was capable of 5.1 sound.

... we aren't waiting for a new model in 2020 just so that NowTV can support 5.1.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I’m using my Apple 4K TV box right now and the old app is still there and
working. Not only that but it supports voice search and supports the native
UI of the Apple 4K TV box so I will continue using that app.

There is absolutely no excuse in my opinion for the new app not using the
native Apple user interface. It’s just too fiddly for me on the newer app
and it just shows a lack of regard to Apple TV users, Especially when the
fee is just the same as on other better supported devices.

AlexB83
Scholar 2

Personally I'm pretty happy with the new app. 1080p and 50fps is a huge improvement and worth the upgrade alone. Hopefully some of the features requested will be in upcoming updates. I have Now TV both on my older hd only tv in the bedroom where Apple TV is and on my newer LG TV in lounge and that does not have 50fps so I feel some people are getting too worked up about this. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
See I said before the new app is prettier in theory, at the expense of functionality and continuity with pretty much all other tvOS streaming apps.

Add continue watching to the old app and I’d say that would be way better than the NowTV interface rammed down your throat. Of course adding 1080p and 5.1 (lol in 2020).
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am not getting 5.1 from new app, anyone got it, go to boast settings and says go to device to change settings. My Apple TV is set for atmos and surround sound. I just get stereo sound

Anonymous User
Not applicable

5.1 is not part of the new app as others have said this will hopefully be rolled out in future updates who knows. Yesterday I was amazed this new app had arrived but my thoughts are not great. I deleted the old green app and installed the new one. I had gone into test flight to press stop testing to. I have the boost option but that’s just for 50fps picture quality as I can’t get 5.1. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is a copy of what’s on nowtv website regarding boast

You’ll need any of these devices to enjoy all the features of NOW TV Boost:

• NOW TV Smart Stick
  • Any NOW TV Box
  • Roku Express or Roku Streaming Stick
  • A supported Samsung TV
  • Sony TV (most models from 2016)
  • PS4
  • PS5
  • Apple TV HD (gen 4) or 4K (Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound not supported on Apple TV)
  • YouView (including TalkTalk & BT boxes)
  • LG Web OS TV (50fps not currently available)
  • Xbox One (50fps not currently available)
  • Xbox Series X & S (50fps not currently available)
  • Chromecast Ultra or 3rd generation (note that 1st and 2nd generation Chromecast devices are not supported. See the image below if you're not sure what generation your Chromecast is.)

Help tipIf you're using Chromecast with iOS, you'll need to have the latest version of the NOW TV app (10.12.0) to enjoy Boost.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The new Apple TV app has launched and is now available in the App Store to download.