cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Would be great if we could get skyboxoffice app on Apple TV too now please (or integrate it into the NOW TV app?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Oh I totally agree It is a solid step forward even above the build we were testing on the beta and means now I can watch 1080p 50FPS Sports I couldn’t before as only have a Xbox One and Apple TV. 

Hopefully 5.1 comes in a future update I can just about accept that and the search functionality really should have been in this version it’s probably only streaming app that doesn’t have. 

nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

Why do you say it doesn't support an up next?

Granted.. ive not seen whats been released yet as i havent got home from work.. but as a beta tester they certainly had their 'continue watching' working fine - and that's the same as you are talking about.

If you start a series of something, then it appears in your continue watching queue.

At least im assuming that at least some of the things we tested made it to live!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

It will never be implemented into NowTV I imagine would be nice though. If not a Sky Sport Box Office Apple TV app at least allow airplay like BT Box Office do with there iOS App. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@nst 

I think he is referring to the continue watching thing in the Apple TV app itself rather then in the NowTV App as it works properly in there just like the beta. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agreed, I was testing this latest beta too (Ive tested all beta including the odd one that never made it last year!)

I wonder if this means apple will start to spotlight now tv and live sports streams on the home page like they do in the states (they have the content now accross Bbc,now to, BT sport and Eurosport player)

Whilst mentioning BT sport it’s telling that they released atmos support alongside 4K and hdr for Apple TV a week before now tv just catched up on HD...so it  keeps the pressure up and shows sky that people will pay for quality and those paying customers are equally available in streaming markets not just walled garden own brand  STB

nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

Im pretty sure that 5.1 simply HAS to come....

OK for some bizarre reason they saw fit to call it "boost" (which i TOTALLY disagree with).. and not support 5.1 but surely to goodness they will in the future.

What totally frustrates me is that here we go again.... waiting for a functional enhancement and having to keep checking and checking to see if and when its coming.

Cant we just draw a line under this?  apparently not.

Ive emailed the trials manager to ask whats happening here and to get some feedback from the development team as to why this is the case.

next stop twitter!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@nst, he was referring to Apple's up next list, in the TV app. Currently the Now TV app only has its own lists. For me, the universal up next list is THE killer feature of Apple TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry yes meant Apple TV integrated up next feature it’s really useful for new weekly episode show and keeping track of box sets by profile 

nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

Again, this was 'promised' to the beta testers that full AppleTV TV app integration was coming on launch....

but lets not run before we can walk... lets have 5.1... i mean its not as if this hasn't been a thing for years...