cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
alfras3r
Mentor

Boost appears automatic and mines are all showing HD/5.1 and outputting the same. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

For anyone asking for more features like voice support, easy now, these things take time. Going by this update it could be approximately 2025 so put a mark in your calendars.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Well at least it’s released I am disappointed though with what was promised and how it wasn’t on the release, but hey ho we finally have it, annoying the search doesn’t interact with the phone like everything else does.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@alfras3r 

5.1 is actually being outputted are you certain of that.

@Anonymous User 

Voice search was promised at the very start of the beta 9 months ago so I think it was fair to expect that to be included.

@Anonymous User 

Agreed it just means we need add by our phones like you do for Sports on Demand still it's not a big negative.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am at work so will eagerly download this when I get home. However, in terms of DD5.1, NowTV has been using DD+ 5.1. I wonder for those of you who think you aren't getting 5.1, are you using Auto audio on the ATV4K? Auto will likely just decode the DD+5.1 to LPCM 5.1 and output it as PCM. If you are on Manual Audio > DD 5.1 in the ATV4K settings like myself I would think you would see the DD5.1 on your audio devices?

Also make sure you select the surround format for audio in the NowTV App boost pass settings page.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

It says on the Boost page it isn't on the AppleTV seems very bizarre as content does have the 5.1 Flag on the device.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still no integration with the TV app 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Sadly not Britbox added recently so it doesn't appear to hard to add in an update to app so still could happen.

Hooba
Scholar 3

Live movies are badged as Stereo. All Movies on demand are badged as 5.1. Makes no difference, all movies are steaming as 2 channel stereo - irrespective of changing sound settings in the Settings app.

It's as per NowTVs own advertising - no 5.1 through AppleTV. 

Ab76
Scholar

According to this page https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-tv-boost Dolby 5.1 isn’t supported on Apple TVs even though HD now is. I find that incredibly disappointing.