cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Completely agree about the quality and I have both the ATV 4K and the ATV4, however the UI for Netflix on my Roku is much nicer and it includes a “new and popular” section in the side menu which is missing on my ATV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Netflix on the ATV has a new tab if that’s what you mean?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Although similarly named the Roku version includes what’s popular on Netflix and populates with different content including a top10 today list and what’s coming next week, I don’t see this on my ATV hence my comments about the lack of love for the platform, I like everyone else here am just hoping for Now TV to give us an equivalent quality app, the only reason I bought a Roku was for a proper Now TV app but I would love to see a useable equivalent app on my ATV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Strange. I seem to get the trending and top 10 on my ATV. It does seem to be intermittent because it’s not there rn. 🤷‍♂️ 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I agree
benryanmills
Scholar

Well folks, the update is imminent. The old Apple TV app has been pulled from the tvOS App Store, and the beta build has been removed as well. It’s on the way. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Or they now no longer support the Apple TV.

Lol.
benryanmills
Scholar

Try and at least be a bit positive 😂

alfras3r
Mentor

At last!! 🥳

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wow shocked they just pulled the beta app like that at least you can still use if you have installed as didn't want go back to old app but i couldn't even if i wanted i guess. Hopefully you all experience new app soon.

Just seen they added it to the Boost page as well

@nst 

You won't believe this 

Apple TV HD (gen 4) or 4K (Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound not supported on Apple TV)

How can the Apple TV not support 5.1 lol