cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

Yes I read about this yesterday.  They announced what would probably be Sky X a couple of years ago and they said they were launching...

However since its gone quiet and they have now done a u-turn and despite the public announcement they seem to have shelved the product.

Really weird.  Im sure there's an interesting story behind that somewhere....

So for now its SkyQ or NowTV which means that NowTV is here for the foreseeable.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Since I can't receive Sky I hope NOW TV is around for the foreseeable future....  🙂

m

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I guess things are still delayed? as end of Nov came and went?

Does anyone know how I can get onto the beta?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
You can’t, it’s over and really not worth it.
nst
Elite

It really is too late, @Anonymous User ... the 'end' survey took place a few weeks ago.

Of course we are still waiting.

But again, I was told they were still aiming for the autumn release window so hopefully we will have something finally before Christmas.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Which Christmas though? Sometime this century? 🤣

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I really hope that this will get sorted soon, my personal experience with my own Apple TV doesn’t give me much hope though, it seems that most other streaming devices get better service from streaming services, Netflix for instance is a much better experience in my opinion on my Roku and Amazon Prime is just terrible on the ATV, slow and frustrating to use.  It seems that there’s very little love for the ATV when keeping apps up to date and looking after subscribers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This reply surprises me, Apple TV4K appa are regularly updated, around 6 a day from mine. The performance is superb across all of them, including BT, Netflix, Prime etc. It's my number one device moreso now with Homepods offering Dolby Atmos where available. 

The quality of the video outputted too knocks spots off Roku devices. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I completely agree it’s my number choice of device, when now tv finally plays ball it will be better, if only Netflix did the same
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I find the Prime experience better on my ATV than my firestick tbh