cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
nst
Elite

My pessimistic view is that the one thing I selfishly need... Boost (I may have mentioned this once or twice 🙂 ) might not be included.

Im reality sure it will be - but there remains a large element of doubt given we have been told nothing concrete.

As beta testers it was 'confirmed' to those who asked that boost and TV app integration would be present at launch... and given the very long gap between the last material update to the beta app and the fact it still hasn't launched you can only assume that some development was ongoing and it would have launched before now if it hadn't.

So therefore im not expecting the same build as we have in beta... and im hopeful that includes boost and TV app integration - but looks like we will find out soon.

willparkinson
Advocate

If you contact support you can change devices as many times as you want, especially if you’re on a beta trail. The device limit is only there to stop account sharing. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Ah right, make sense I suppose, I know Netflix have been looking at always to stop that too.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@nst 

If the Live build is the same as the one that has we have testing on beta for 2/3 of a year than something is clearly wrong with NowTV i'm sorry for that view but how i feel 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User

Yep I completely agree, if it’s exactly the same and there’s isn’t a difference then I personally would feel like I’ve wasted my time on this beta.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Well Voice to speech that was said it was coming when the trial build first started never arrived which makes no sense as can't imagine that is too hard to do every app seems to use it

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I bet it is exactly the same.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

You are probably right sadly I was told earlier in the beta that red button was coming in a future beta build but obviously that never happened.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Could it all just be left to the release I wonder
nst
Elite

As much as I would like to think its a totally different build...

.. and for that very reason we've had to wait about 3 extra months for this public release...

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same as the beta - but given that logic it should have been released ages ago so it just can't be.. can it?

However I really hope its not.  Boost at least please.

Having said that.. at this point in time... any release is better than no release and whatever it looks like we have to hope that it will be improved upon if its a universal app in line with the iOS variant.