cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

The EE TV app is no longer supported from tomorrow. EE advertise NowTV i expect they will want the Apple TV to have a more up to date app for their customers. I could be totally wrong of course 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User

Sounds like a good reason, let’s hope so
nst
Elite

Sounds more like wishful thinking and clutching at straws!

I doubt very much that those events are linked or the companies will join up that much or the fact that the AppleTV platform has any bearing on this.

However, what we can be sure of is we are closer to launch today than we were yesterday 🙂 

Again, back to 'facts' - "this month" we were told on Twitter.

By end of autumn we were told a few months ago.

That puts launch sometime between now, and 21st Dec.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I just saw a flying pig, lol!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Looks like I was wrong and for that I apologise would of been nice to see if it had released today.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A new release of the iOS app is likely imminent as it’s been a month since the last update, and it’s normally updated monthly. You’d think they’d roll this tvOS update into a universal app, the same as the Irish release. 

It’s likely either now, or in a months time with the next iOS update. Although it may be possible to separate universal releases.  
AlexB83
Scholar 2

They just tweeted me back saying the app update will be here before Monday

Anonymous User
Not applicable
In line with the next iOS update then.

If released the next issue will be the devices limit, I have on 4 Apple TV’s on the beta. And of course only 3 device changes a month.
nst
Elite

Pinch of salt as ever...

However there seems to be a growing confidence that this will indeed be here before the end of the month.... therefore in the next 5 days.

It does look increasingly likely this will appear on Monday (or by monday) 

Then we will all discover what made it to the live release!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Who’s betting promised things won’t be included!