cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't believe how outdated the app is on Apple TV.

It would be nice to have a date as to when it will be updated as it's long overdue.

After reading this thread it doesn't look like they have an update yet, that's why they can't give an exact date.

Duncaw67
Scholar 3

Hi@jbg99

The beta trial is still ongoing,and will run until early next year,but hopefully the updated app should be rolled out before the end of Autumn,which will be in a few weeks time!!!!

nst
Elite

@Duncaw67 

The beta trial itself will not be running any longer than the day the app is released.

Arguably following the ABCD survey a few weeks ago then the beta trial is effectively over.

the beta build has an expiry going into next year but that means nothing.

remember, latest "information" is by the end of this month.  I say "information" as that came from the NowTV help twitter account and they do tend to make stuff up.  Of course that would mean the app will be released in the next 7 days and as this has dragged on so long it does seem like a pipe dream to finally get a release.

Duncaw67
Scholar 3

Hi @nst 

I know what you are saying,but this trial started in March,and I believe it is still ongoing,as you access the app store it is only the old outdated app you can access for Nowtv unless you are on the testflight beta trial.

So I hope what you have stated that the trial is coming to a conclusion,and only the new app will be available in the Apple app store to download by the end of November?

nst
Elite

@Duncaw67 

Yes I imagine this is how it will work.

with regards to the trial... who knows.  I suspect we will receive no formal notice that its over and we, as everyone else, will see that the official app has been updated with a new one.

For the existing app, the usual App Store mechanics will apply - if you have auto updates on then you'll just wake up one day to find the old app replaced by the new one.

Personally as a trialist I've now become accustomed to the amount of "feedback" we receive and therefore im not expecting any notification whatsoever and I will see the old app has been replaced by the new one.. and then I shall proceed to delete the beta version on my box and start using the official one.

Remember... the beta version apparently will not be the same as the final released version so we will all be experiencing it at the same time - there are functions promised on release that were not in the beta so.....

And back to that $64,000 question of "when".. well check Twitter - they replied to me and said by the end of the month so if you take that as fact (huge pinch of salt) then yes... by this time next week we should have the new app released. (as all of us in here rather jadedly think.. we'll believe it when we see it)

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I note I don’t expect the existing store app to be updated, because the Irish app is universal I’d expect if ever released in the U.K. it would be the same. Which means a new app to install, opposed to an update.
Duncaw67
Scholar 3

Hi @nst 

Thanks for that information, hopefully as you have just stated,that the new updated app will be rolled out to all Apple tv users by the end of the month as that is my go to box for most of my streaming needs 😀 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Duncaw67 @nst 

We will see if I was right tomorrow with the date of the 24th. 

AlexB83
Scholar 2

Any reason why you think tomorrow in particular will be the day?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User

Hope your right, any reason you think it will be tomorrow though?