cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Don’t get me wrong I’m glad it’s happening but don’t you think it’s a big waste of time if the things that were promised aren’t delivered, I mean what have they been doing and what was the delay if the things aren’t delivered on the official release. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

I must admit i do wonder what has been happening for the last 6 months as the current beta build apart from a minor bug fix is identical to the one we got in march. I understand we have been in a pandemic but unless they are planning a big update for the public release i agree i don't get why it is only just happening. I'm going to guess it will launch around the same time as when EE TV is decactived at the end of the month. Seeing As EE are promoting Apple TV as there way to watch NowTV going forward.

nst
Elite

@Anonymous User  fortunately... you'll see you are wrong soon enough.  A new version is coming for AppleTV.

@Anonymous User Yes, its a mystery to be fair.  Considering this should have come about at the same time Boost was released... to have to wait another 12 months on - and given that a serviceable Beta has been in circulation for months now - seems a bit strange,

My personal assumption is based on the little fact we do know.. which is that there is functionality that we were not privy to as beta testers - specifically Boost and TV app integration which we were told would be coming on the public release.

I assume that these 2 things are whats been taking the time (though why Boost would be a problem I dont understand).  But maybe theres something additional - I doubt it though as the app will not suddenly jump head and shoulders over their own NowTV stick's functionality.

So.. its coming, and boost and TV integration is probably whats caused the delay.  I just hope they get it out soon.  Im sure they will - it does feel like its close now - more than it has before.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@nst 

I do wonder if Red Button is going to arrive on launch it has now launched on NowTV boxes so there is a possibility i imagine there. 

I agree with you I can't understand why Boost has delayed the launch unless it is due to the current issues with the 50FPS problems issues lately.

TV Integration maybe not as easy as it sounds but can't imagine it is the hardest thing to enable either as many apps have adopted it now. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Boost have never been confirmed to me, only TV app integration. These things I doubt take time. The new app is barely better than the old app to be honest, it looks prettier but not really improved functionality bar the added continue watching which isn’t reliable (which I don’t think is tvOS specific).
nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

I disagree.  if by "the old" you are referring to the current AppleTV effort (the 5+ year old one) then if course its far more than 'barely'  better.

NowTV isnt some awesome feature rich experience... you only have to look at the NowTV stick to see the "best" we can hope for.  Its not amazing to be fair...

But at last to get a watch list and continue watching.. even though its ropey.. is a step forward.  Granted they are doing a terrible job at playing catch up to all the other premium UK streaming services and even with these changes they are behind in every way from things that we've had for years on Netflix and Amazon prime etc...

But it is Sky's "poor cousin" and it will always be hobbled and not be able to give a comparable service and quality to their premium (and very expensive) Sky Q service.

The fact we are lusting after boost.. which only gives us 1080p in 2020 is a bit embarrassing when all the other premium services manage 4K and have done for a while.

But having said that.. boost was confirmed to me... but I really dont believe anything until ive seen it.  Like most of us I hope they dont dare release it without.    If they do then I cant use it which will be so frustrating after all this effort in the Beta trial.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can’t agree more

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If by embarrassing you mean a complete disgrace then yes, it is embarrassing.

Barney
Advocate

Anyone issues with scrolling up and down, like really slow?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Barney I got the same email. I honestly don't understand why they imagine that explanation would cause the beta testers to change their overall opinion of the app.