cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
AlexB83
Scholar 2

How long after the survey did release come on other trials?

benryanmills
Scholar

Also curious to know what the length of time between survey and release was. I personally think we’re going to see it within the next fortnight. 

@AlexB83 Mostly quite soon after as far as I remember

@benryanmills Mostly quite soon after as far as I remember. Sometimes there were other surveys during a trial but those, by the nature of their content, were usually (& clearly) *not* related to an imminent release (more like an opinion check on features).

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Surely depends on survey results and what they need to release. I didn’t rate for use all the time because feel the app it’s that good, it’s fine for occasional use in my eyes.
nst
Elite

On the positive side... we can now seem to say that something is coming sooner rather than later.

How soon... we dont know - however they should keep to their 'autumn' promise.

Personally, if I were to predict whats going to happen.. I would say that the current beta might get released as is... hopefully with Boost support.

However I can also see it released with no changes to the current beta and no boost... but as much as that would be an annoyance (and I still wouldn't be able to use it personally without boost)... I do concede that anything is better than nothing at this stage and that it can be built upon in the future.

As long as the new app is something that will continue to receive some TLC from NowTV and have new features and functions added in the future and not left to rot like the last one was... then its progress.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Well from the comments of the Irish app user I’m not sure they are going to bother much even when released.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This has been going on for so long I have actually forgotten what improvements/changes are actually in this version! 

Being able to view MyTV is a biggy, but is 100% something that should have been in this years ago.

What are we actually getting? I hate to pile in, but Boost is what everyone seems to be asking for. Are they really going through all the pain of releasing a new version without this?

@Anonymous User Overall results of surveys never get revealed! No idea what they do with them or even whether they pay any attention to them or are even an input to a “go/no go” decision. Probably nothing, none, no. Maybe it’s just a pre-release tick box exercise? Wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case to be honest.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
The way this has gone I suspect a tick box exercise before release, we asked, listened and ignored.