cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User

I’m hoping they have some great offers for Black Friday again
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I got on the beta last month and not had any surveys through as yet, i must have fallen through the cracks!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @nst 

Slight good news both EE TV [24 November] and Xbox 360 [3rd November] will stop being supported this month means the amount of devices that don't support boost is going be shrinking even more getting rid of obsolete devices. Only older Roku [Suspect they might be next to go] and Chromecast devices left now. Should hopefully mean that going forward there is a streamlined process.

nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

I dont entirely follow your logic in that ditching support for older devices doesnt suddenly mean that the AppleTV will get more attention.

Of course, it makes perfect sense to streamline their offering as long as they do not spread their development resources too thinly otherwise you just end up like we are now which is ancient apps without updates.

On the flip side they are releasing new apps for Xbox one X and series X/S (whoever made these names should be fired!) but again lets hope that the experience across all supported platforms is similar and all support boost etc.

If a platform is supported.. it should be fully supported including boost compatibility.

nst
Elite

With regards to todays 'survey'... it seems like the public release is looming at last - how much longer it will take we dont know but the 'survey' seemed final.

They specifically told us not to reiterate faults and bugs in this survey ... just things that we would want to mention from a usability perspective.

I chose to mention the ffwd/rw mechanism as a problem with regards to usability - its clunky and they should adopt the TVOS 'standard' of clicking the touchpad then scrubbing left or right.

Apart form that.. maybe we can expect something in the next few weeks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User

Let’s hope so I think we’ve all waited long enough
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@nst 

Why would they launch a Xbox One X app when they have a Xbox One App already? Totally agree they will have to launch a PS5 and Xbox Series S and X App.

That is what i meant means Apple TV is guaranteed to get boost now all the new platforms are getting it and anything that is old is getting removed as a platform. 

Hopefully soon they synchronise all boost platforms to be the same.

And I was the exact same in the survey as you brought up the rewind/fastforward clunkiness and also mentioned that it should have searching via voice as can't see why it doesn't.

nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

Although nothing is guaranteed ... goodness only knows thats true with regards to NowTVs AppleTV support!...  yes the more platforms that support Boost the better... and as we have mentioned numerous times before there is no reason why the AppleTV cannot support it.   Also as Ive mentioned .. surely its in NowTV's best interest as a company to allow as many of their subscribes as possible to use boost and therefore pay them an additional £3 per month for the privilege.

Let hope that when the app is launched it does indeed support boost (as we've kind been promised).  To me, it unusable without.

On most (if not all) of the previous NOW TV trials that I have done, the ABCD survey has preceded a public release shortly afterwards, so I would say that there is finally some hope!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@dr_necessitor 

That’s always a good sign, hopefully it’s the light at the end of the tunnel we’ve been waiting for.