cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

The build for the Irish app is 6.2.8 and was released on 24th August, it's been mainly bug fixes since I got the Apple TV this time last year with a lick of paint to the UI, not a single new feature. Whatever code branch this app is built has clearly been on maintenance mode since last year.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
6.2.8 is the build of the beta test app.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Haha well I guess they've got a lot to do to add all those promised features before Autumn ends!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
So we have an email from the trials manager asking us to fill out a survey as there close to launching the app, surely that’s a good sign
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Looks like we are finally getting somewhere, hoping this all comes in ASAP. My Sky contract is coming to an end in January so I’m hoping to have timed this well. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

To call it a survey is being generous I’ve had longer surveys by school kids. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User

Best thing I did was get rid of sky q cost a fortune, just hope it gets launched soon as it really does save me a fortune every month and the deals they do to keep you are amazing, don’t think I’ve paid full price since I signed up two years ago
Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User

This is very true but I thought I would be kind as it looks like we are getting somewhere, so does everyone think the things that was promised will be available on launch or on a future update however long that takes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Just done the ‘survey’ I listed all the issues like lack of 1080p as the reasons for my choice.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Oh completely agree I was one of the lucky ones who got the £20 for 9 months deal and on a decent entertainment offer.