cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755

TestFlight says it’s 21 days until beta app 6.2.8(2) expires for me

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@ dr_necessitor

And still no word from the trials manager with any news on what’s going on. Makes you want to give up doesn’t it.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
They was when I emailed earlier in the week, I was told autumn 2020 release planned. But we’ll see.
nst
Elite

Like many of us I tire of the ever drawn out release of this - its been in beta since March...

However regardless of guesswork.. and expiring beta dates (which are irrelevant in context)..

The one concrete thing we've been told is that it should launch in the Autumn.  Its still the Autumn.  "promising" Autumn gives them a wide window:  in the UK the Autumn is 22nd September to 21st December.

Of course the trial is going to expire.. and will it be extended... or stop working... or the new version released before that?  Who knows.  We had this discussion when the last beta was about to expire.

Remember... technically they still have till 21 Dec if they intend to keep to the autumn timeframe.

Based on my extensive past experience of this beta, my guess is that “the beta app stops working at expiry” is more likely than “the beta app launches publicly before it stops working” (but I have of course become somewhat cynical of the whole situation after more than 2 years of this palava)

nst
Elite

@dr_necessitor 

Totally understand that perspective.  Myself having only been involved in the current beta.. and not the previous one too.... personally I think this one has dragged on too long but adding on the last one too - very frustrating.

Yes it does make you wonder whats happening.  Most logic and reason doesnt really apply here - "surely they will release it before x,y,z" but nothing seems to work!  TVOS14 release? No.  Expiration of the previous beta? No.  Of course we arent privy to the behind the scenes stuff so what do we know anyway.

So, where are we now?  A beta with 3 (well, 2.5) iterations and one that is a pretty reasonable candidate for release having been running for the last few months.  Seems no reason not to go live with it.

I remember... a year ago I decided to renew my passes and ditch SkyQ as an all-in NowTV customer... and then the AppleTV app was appalling but there was rumour of the new version.. Back then I assumed we were weeks from a new version but here we are a year later.

I think we are further ahead than before given that the beta is stable, functional, and they have been at least a little vocal promising people an "autumn" launch - and as I said before that gives them till 21 Dec.  Of course meanwhile we have the impending expiry of the beta - so will it expire... or be renewed, or will we have the public release before that happens.  We shall see but nobody is holding their breath!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They won't release EVER

Comcast and Sky are trying to move content to SkyQ (next will be Disney) instead of producing thins (like Apple, Netflix, Amazon and Disney)

So if you are a distributor you try to move people within your content framework

Figure out what will happen if they release Nowtv on tvOS and AndroidTV

people will subscribe only on the basis of the content and not the channel

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now Tv is already on Android tv.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

You are really behind the times first off there is no disney content really left on Sky Q all the disney channels are gone and the vast majority of the disney/fox films [Rest will be gone by middle of next year I imagine.] only thing left is Fox and National Geographic. 

Second NowTV have launched on Android TV to a limited degree already on Sony TVs. It will eventually be updated on TVOS as well there is two ISPs in UK who are offering Apple TV boxes and all saying NowTV is one of the benefits i can't imagine they would be happy if it wasn't. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They keep sending me offers to subscribe.

Not until they update the app will I consider it.