cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
AlexB83
Scholar 2

Just saw a tweet from now tv help saying they hope to have the update out in coming weeks, they were already meant to launch it last month but was a last minute issue!!

Looks like it is coming 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes, last minute incompetence and lack of caring about customers. It’s such a show stopper the app is released in Ireland and has been for a long time.

I wouldn’t hold your breath.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve been following this thread for a while, as I’ve been looking for a all U.K. streaming services on one device box, and Apple is almost there.

I wonder if it will be ready for the new Apple TV (rumoured to be announced on Tuesday)

Anonymous User
Not applicable
A new Apple TV has been rumoured for a year now, I’ve seen nothing that says Tuesday. I’ve been in the market for a 4K one for a year now, but not buying what’s a 2 year old model which is bound to be updated soon.

Out of interest what is missing from U.K. streaming services, I thought DPlay was the last missing one.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Has anyone else found that Picture in Picture doesn’t work on any of the apps in the uk apart from the Apple TV ones,

Im waiting to buy a new box also so hopefully Tuesday they release one that’s been rumoured.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Picture in picture isn’t new, it was there from tvOS 13. Not that you said it wasn’t.

Anyway correct only seen in TV app, and it’s flaky to select anyway. That’s partly the rubbish designed remotes fault!  And partly the poor UI layout to select is hard to get to. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Another iOS update today, still not universal in the U.K.

So no tvOS release still. 

lol. 

nst
Elite

makes you wonder doesnt it.

Thought the release of v11.0 was the 'one' but apparently not.

Remember, depending on who you listen to... they did 'promise' a release in the Autumn and we are in the middle of that window now.

Theres been a couple of wildly inaccurate promises made from the twitter account "in a couple of weeks" which have never materialised which isn't all that surprising to be honest.

Surely though, at this point.. this can only be seen as "coming soon".

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I’ve always been a believer that it will be soon but I must admit I’m starting to give up now as I’ve never known anything take so long.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes, they really care about their customers.