cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable
If you looked through this thread you’d find out how, also you’d find out in theory the current beta should have been over months ago. Yet no communication or release.

I ask myself what am I missing that makes people blindly give Sky/NowTV money for an overpriced, poor quality service respectively.

The best thing I did was cancel Sky more than 10 years ago and I only pay for NowTV occasionally to watch a box set I fancy.

Vote with your feet.

@Anonymous User 

Fret ye not for the answer is that there is NO reason for anybody to “blindly give Sky/NowTV money for an overpriced, poor quality service”!

In my opinion, you are using NOW TV correctly - by turning it off & on as & when there is content that you want to watch.

Same goes for Netflix etc.

Streaming should not be consumed/used as an “always on” service (in the same way that Freeview or a 12 month contract Sky service is). The option is always there to turn the tap...

Duncaw67
Scholar 3

Hi

I am using the Now tv app as I am part of the beta trial, and have started cancelling the passes for next month  when the Nowtv app is updated for Apple tv?

nst
Elite

@Duncaw67 

Sorry what you typed didnt make any sense.

you are on the trial but cancelling your passes?  um OK.  Not much point being on the trial then - having an active pass is a pre requisite for participation on the trial (obviously).

You think that the final public version will be released by next month?  um, maybe - hopefully... but whats that got to do with cancelling passes?

Sorry what you typed is quite confusing.

Duncaw67
Scholar 3

Hi@nst

Sorry for the typo,but I buy my passes 3 months in advance,mostly with gift cards from Argos & Curry's and expire at the end of November, when hopefully the trial has ended,I have enjoyed watching Nowtv since the trial started in March, but I never pay full price for any passes, and always negotiate a new deal before passes expire or try and buy new gift cards, sorry for the confusion!!!

nst
Elite

@Duncaw67 

Ah ok that makes more sense now!

My top tip.. wait for 'black friday' as they usually do the 'one year for £99 entertainment and movies pass'.... at that price its very good value for money.

Duncaw67
Scholar 3

Hi@nst

Thanks for that advice,but I usually always look for deals for the football,and as Sky has cancelled the weekly passes,it is a little bit harder to negotiate new deals but will wait till black Friday,I am enjoying watching the beta app on Apple and hopefully when the trial is concluded,everything promised will be on it, including boost.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunately, I think you just missed the best sports pass deal that they will be offering this year/during the current sport season. The offer they had on for the last few weeks was Sports pass for 12 months at £25 per month. Unlucky. Hopefully they do something similar come Black Friday that you can pounce on. As has already been said, the £99 for 12 months of entertainment & cinema pass that has been on offer for the last 2 years is something I have taken advantage of and enjoyed having 🙂

nickmorc
Expert 2

I have been with Now Tv since the start. Where as I used to have a live subs constantly, this is not the case any more. Sadly their lack of support for several platforms is shocking in this day and age.

Recently purchased another Apple Tv, whilst every other app works well, the Now Tv app is garbage.

Now Tv should really hang their heads in shame.

Now Tv , get your act together !

Mikeh_
Scholar

The current app has a broken live schedule for movies.... again !