cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Duncaw67
Scholar 3

@Simonpaddy1 

Maybe Vodafone know something we don't if you have followed this thread for the last 4+ years Nowtv customers are always the last to know anything,even the beta testers in the last few years are kept in the dark re: any updates on Apple tv!!!

Simonpaddy1
Scholar 2

Avid follower of the thread and a current beta tester. There’s a part of me that wonders what I’ll do if the updated app ever properly launches...

Duncaw67
Scholar 3

@Simonpaddy1 

Only started following the thread when I got Apple tv last year, and thought the Nowtv app was very poor and old,but Apple tv is so good for most of my streaming needs,I have persevered with it,and when I joined the beta test in March,the app is so much better and easier to use, and hope it gets released soon, and include boost!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is definitely coming soon please just be a little more patient i appreciate it has been a long wait but it is very nearly over and then we can all experience a better experience on our AppleTV boxes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I’d question the better experience.

The only single benefit is the continue watching, and that doesn’t even work as you’d expect. Things just drop off it after a week or so if you don’t watch, and it doesn’t remember what you watched at all after that even if you browse back to the episode.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

The continue watch feature is the same across all the platforms. It is a far better experience though for one thing you can now watch every channel the UI is a complete overhaul and i find very good indeed.

I'm not quite sure what else you want from the service. I would like Red Button and Sports on Demand but I am perfectly willing to wait until after launch in a future update for those.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I suspect continue watching is just flawed on NowTV. Netflix remembers forever what you watched, so you can pick up years later if you desire. NowTV is just rubbish if you don’t watch in a row, it doesn’t remember where you are, so even with continue watching on the new app, it’s little better than none on the released app.

NowTV is just pointless, maybe it’s the poor interface for discovery, even on the new beta app, because I find little to watch. Yet I go from binge to binge on Netflix.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not sure if you know but Sport on demand is now available on the Now tv app on other platforms.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

It is indeed I meant integrated into the app as a menu i am glad to see it launching across NowTV have wanted for years.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey everyone! I've been following this thread for months now and decided if possible it's time to take the plunge. Just wondered how everyone managed to actually be part of the beta for Apple TV? I've tried to Google a link but I only seem to find the one for Italy which is a little annoying! If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be very greatful 🙂 thanks!