cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
rlpsmith
Mentor

@Anonymous User ah ok. Yeah, I’m a bit late to this so wasn’t on the first trial. Guessing there’s not a trial manager email I can send a direct request to? Would have to have had that first invite to the original trial

Anonymous User
Not applicable
To be honest I checked out the old app the other day and would actually say it looks better as it’s a native tvOS layout and controls. Add continue watching to that app and it would be better than the new ugly app.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @I totally agree. The new app is a massive step backwards in a number of ways. I still hope they’ll ditch the standard Sky interface, and bring the app in line with Apple’s standards. The lack of scrubbing is ridiculous, incompatibility with the iOS remote app is stupid. They actually cover half of the screen with the interface when paused, or rewinding etc, which seems silly, navigating through the menus with the Apple TV remote feels clunky. All I ever wanted was the up next, and watchlist features, with support for the TV app. 

Thank you @Anonymous User for “Just to confirm regarding boost.  I tested without paying for boost using the developer HUD and it definitely was 720p so to get boost you need to have the pass.” which I had been wondering about (see my posts earlier in this thread on this query)👍🏻

Mikeh_
Scholar

Do you have an email address for the trials manager to get on this ? Thanks 😊 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV have just released onto Android TV with full Boost support gives further hope that Apple TV will receive it in the new full overhaul app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
That’s a good sign
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is that good news?

They’ve launched a new platform but not released an update to an existing. I’d say that’s bad news. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

We know that it is coming though only a matter of time there is no reason the current beta won't launch. I meant fact that Sony has come with full Boost Support including 50FPS

Anonymous User
Not applicable
You mean like the last beta, that didn’t launch...