cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User

I was hoping they would at least update the Apple TV app and give the tv plus a dedicated section rather than having to scroll and search for it.

A shame really as they could do a lot more with it.

My one wish for the Nowtv app is they eventually let you create profiles like Netflix etc, at least you could have your own profile with your own watch list instead of having everyone in the houses shows and continue watching on the same page.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User they could update TV app in a .1 update tho 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User

This is true, for such a big thing Apple is concentrating on you would think it would be much better than it is.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Profiles lol, it’s barely HD.

Think you’d be better looking for flying pigs!
Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User

Well you never know, this year has been rather strange and nothing would surprise me now haha
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So we’re still no closer to having a public release and still no word from the trials manager.

has anyone else heard or seen anything??

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It’s funny really, luckily I find little of interest on NowTV. But then again content discovery isn’t much better than the old app, unlike Netflix that recommends content and has loads of categories to browse. I’m sure I’m missing good content. But will be saving money at the same time as no longer paying to adult stuff, just the kids pass now.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I see that the latest tvOS update now appears to have totally broken the Now TV app for some, and judging by Twitter support they are just advising that you uninstall and reinstall the app. No word of a new app anymore. 

If it were a case of them just flicking a switch on a unified app, I'm 90% sure they'd just click that button rather than tell people to uninstall and reinstall. Total travesty. 

I 'don't have permission to upload images' but will paste some recent responses to tweeters below, these are all from 16 Sep onwards:

Hi Animal Magic, sorry to hear you are having this issue. We are aware of an issue recently with IOS products such as Apple TV and we are working around the clock to resolve the issue. As soon as we have an update you will be notified.

Hi Caroline, Thanks for reaching out. We are aware of some issues with Mac's and Apple TV. I'm afraid that latest iOS updates are conflicting with our own app support. These issues are being escalated and worked on. Thank you for your feedback, it is much appreciated!

Hi Kathryn, Thanks for reaching out. We are aware of some issues with the Apple TV version of our app. It seems the latest iOS updates have been conflicting with our app. We recommend logging out, uninstalling and reinstalling the app. This has worked for some!

Can you please factory reset your apple TV, then once this is done delete and reinstall the app and see if this fixes the issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
This is funny as the updated app HAS BEEN released on the Irish store and HAS BEEN released as a beta for the U.K. store.

So YES THEY COULD JUST PUSH A BUTTON! Would only need App Store approval, which I believe is less than 24 hours these days.

They DON’T CARE... Although if the old app no longer works maybe it will force their hand, or they could DROP TVOS SUPPORT TOO!
nst
Elite

agreed.. they shouldn't be advising people to go through the onerous task of resetting AppleTV when its not the thing thats at fault in the first place.

No great shocker that the ancient app is not unusable for some post TVOS14 update...

however weren't they 'promising' the new version 'in a couple of weeks' almost a month ago?

We know there is a beta version that works fine... and the answer to the issue is to release the damn thing NOW as im sure that any faults it does still have are way better than the ancient old app that no longer functions...

Again this just highlights whoever is running the twitter account hasn't a clue whats actually going on.